“Very good”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Food was very good. Wine is great and so reasonably priced.
Most of us had seafood, which is the best to have when in Sicily. Service good. Location good.

1  Thank Tracy S
There are newer reviews for Trattoria Il Pescatore

Reviewed June 13, 2013

First class prices, barely eatable food, rude staff. We orderd shrimp coctail, a few
tinned? shrimps drenched in some pink Rhode islandlike sauce. My wife ordered grilled sole it had a consistence like rubber. When we complained, the waiter took it out. After a moment returned whith the same fish and slapped it on our table. I ordered calamari fritti, also rubberish with the coating mostly missing, didn´t bother to complain. Left the food, the restaurant but alas not the bill. 63 euro!

3  Thank Holmberg65
Reviewed May 29, 2013

This was the first restaurant of our trip and it gave a good impression. Seafood was of excellent quality and served simply which let the ingredients speak for themselves. Pleasant atmosphere, plenty of Italian customers. The desert, a big chunk of water melon, although fresh and tasty, was not an example of refined cooking! I can do as well at home!

1  Thank nouaze3
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Saw some decent write ups, and I love fish so looking forward to the visit. Starters were great - my partner had the mixed seafood platter and I had the smoked trio of fish, both of which were lovely. The risotto was passable only. Then my partner had the mixed grilled fish - a nice variety but not a big plateful. I had the sea bream stuffed with aubergine and pistachio. It sounded wonderful, and what there was of it was quite nice - but half a fish?! Come on, that's just cheap (pity the price wasn't). The recommended wine was fine. The waiter was very friendly and helpful, the waitress disinterested. I think there is good food to be had here (the friends of the staff seemed to be provided with a lovely hearty dish of clams). For the price I expected a bit more.

1  Thank ReHo
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We had very nice carpaccio die spaldo, Spaghetti con brutto die mare, Mixed fisch and langosta. Also the wine recommendet was superb.