See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We stayed one night at Hotel Edward's (miss spelling here by trip advisor, it is not Eduard's but Edward's).

The hotel is about 20 minutes depending on traffic from the airport. I can't really say if the neighboorhood was safe, I don't think there is any safe place any more in Venezuela. It is locate just by the sea, across the street.

The hotel room is very basic, with a small 15 inches flat TV on the wall, not sure it had a safe. I felt everything was clean though.

There is a pool at Mezanine level with other Entertainment activities, like a pool table, and a ping pong table. They had no balls though for the ping pong table. The pool is very small and you should not be too difficult with the water cleaness.

As my title says, it is probably all right just for one night if you miss your connection in Caracas.

Room tip: Don't walk around the hotel, most likely not safe.
Date of stay: January 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank clippe
Reviewed August 30, 2012

This place has lousy shuttle service. The Internet service is poor. Only place in the hotel to get decent internet service is the hot, sticky Mezzinine floor. Bring insect repellant. Bedding is old and should be replaced. My last room had many ants in the bathroom. Bathroom fixtures are old, or at least old looking. The only thing I can say nice is that the food is ok. Better off at the La Playa Marriott or EuroBuilding. I dread having to stay here but have to for work.

Date of stay: August 2012
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank camplife
Reviewed April 22, 2012

In a nice building but rooms are not the best. It is not a nice place to stay. No beaches at all. It is very expensive as everything in Venezuela. Do not walk outside of the hotel, you can get in troubles. Have a free shuttle service to the airport. Local airlines us it to send grounded flights.

Room tip: Try to get a room on the top levels facing the sea.
Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank algyf
Reviewed December 4, 2011

I stayed with my wife and baby there for one night and I'm not happy with the hotel. The shuttle service to the airport came to pick us up like an hour and a half late even though they said that they're gonna be there in 20 min or so. The hotel restaurant was terribly overpriced, it's actually cheaper to eat at the Marriott of Playa Grande, come on guys! Don't take advantage of the insecurity of the area, you know that tourists can go out of the hotel bceause is very dangerous. Finally, the room was OK but the bathroom wasn't very clean as in previous visits, the toilet looked dirty despite of the "sanitized" sign they put on the lid, I'm not happy with the overall service provided this time.

Date of stay: December 2011
Reviewed September 26, 2011

I am frequent traveler and sadly I have to overnight in many Hotels around the world.

I stay at Eduard’s Hotel on the 17-Sep-2011..I have spent less money for a better Hotel room and service...room was overpriced 200 usd the night, I recently stayed at Stafford Sugar Land USA and only paid 70 usd the night.

Bathroom was ugly and the only thing it has nice is the surrounding with the beach near by.

As usual I have to pay my own room then claim it on my expense report, but since the did not by some reason gave me the receipt when I left as the “guy” that writes the receipts was not there according to the lady in the counter. They told me they would send it via e-mail on next Monday and still waiting..I even wrote them an e-mail and still waiting..

Thus for all this mention above I can never give them a good appreciable. So if you stay there just be aware. Oh I forgot food at the restaurant was terrible too

Felix