“Delicious fish”

Ostria
Ranked #5 of 19 Restaurants in Plaka
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed October 21, 2018 via mobile

We had a great evening at this place :) The sea bass was amazing... one of the best I had for a long time. The house wine was good as well. Also, we received a lot of extras... bread with dips, fruit, cake, ouzo etc. Very authentic and friendly service!

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed October 14, 2018

We were lucky enough to enjoy a wonderful meal at this taverna this year. We sat by candlelight beside the sea listening to the water on the pebbles ... it was magical. The food was divine & thank you for all the extras we received (bread, dips, fruit & honey balls) We will definitely be visiting again next year.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

First time here despite multiple trips to Plaka..don't know why we have never been but we will go again.They weren't too pushy, prices looked fair so we have it a shot.We were lucky in that it is low season,the wind was non-existent and we were able to sit right in front of the waves that were caressing the rocks just feet away.We had a Greek salad to share which was lovely, my wife had souvmaki which was very nice whilst I indulged in some sea bass which they filleted for me...beautiful.it was accompanied by chips and some grilled vegetables which tbh were not great but that mattered little.A nice carafe of house white wine at €6 washed dinner down nicely.
The meal with a beer and some soft drinks all came to €53 which imo was very good value.Service was good and helpful.Will be back...

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed September 19, 2018

I was here as part of a large group. I don't think they were well prepared. Food was slow in coming and unevenly served. My prawns were overcooked and so was my friend's lamb. The beets and the zucchini were yummy. Some others ordered those. The location is great.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed September 18, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stumbled upon a wonderful little restaurant while visiting Elounda, Greece when we dined at Ostria. We wanted an authentic Greek seafood experience and we found it to our delight.
We started the evening with the Village Salad and the Beet Salad. Both were delightfully fresh and flavorful. Greek beets are one of my very favorite foods.
Now came the seafood! We decided to share fried fresh anchovies and garlic shrimp with a side order of potatoes. We were rewarded with two platters overflowing with delicious seafood. The fried fresh anchovies were finger sized fried fish with the true flavor of the sea. The shrimp and garlic platter contained five large prawns with heads attached, but shells removed for ease of access to the meat of the shrimp. The fried potatoes were fresh and hot to round out our seafood feast.
All of this was enjoyed feet from the roaring evening surf that broke nearly at our feet.
If you are lucky enough to spend some time in eastern Crete stop by Ostria. You can thank me later.

Date of visit: September 2018