“Always back at Captain Nicolas”

Captain Nicola Fish Tavern
Ranked #7 of 19 Restaurants in Plaka
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 9, 2015

I must have eaten here over 100 times...need I say more?
Food is great, service is great, people are...you guessed it...GREAT! :)
Thanks guys, see you again very soon!

Reviewed September 28, 2014

Staying at a hotel nearby we looked for a restaurant for lunch that was walkable to. We found this on day 2 and went for lunch everyday for the rest of our holiday except the night we went for dinner.
This restaurant is run by Captain Nicolas's son and his wife Angelica and two excellent waiters, Alex and Eman______? (never could get his name correct).
When we returned for our second visit we were welcomed back as friends and over the 10 days we became one of the family.
We ate various dishes over the week included fresh fish and local Greek dishes, non of which we could fault. Please note the fresh fish is not inexpensive, but good.
As with all local restaurants in the area we were given complimentary desserts and the day they ran out of water melon and only had grapes, which were not my preference, water melon appeared 5 minutes later, I guess restaurants shared resources. From then I on I had water melon at every meal and my husband had the Greek delicious dessert he loved. At night we were given the Greek 'grappa' plus more wine when I said I did not really like the 'grappa'. I wonder why I had a slight headache that night.
Farewells were sad but we definately recommend this restaurant and will return should we ever visit Plaka again.

Reviewed August 25, 2014

When visiting Plaka, we had lunch at Captain Nicolas. The staff were so friendly, and the food was so good, that we had to return for 2 more dinners ! It was without a doubt our favourite restaurant during our stay in Crete, and some of our best memories from our holiday were laughing and chatting to all the friendly staff. The restaurant is beautifully decorated in a traditional Greek style, with a beautiful view over the sea and overlooking the scenic island of spinalonga. The staff brought out some lovely local complimentary dishes to try, and not forgetting a jug of local Raki at the end of a meal! The staff have even mastered doing shots straight off the table clasping the shot glass with only their mouth!! We spent some very fun evenings in Captain Nicolas!!

Reviewed August 20, 2014

We went to Captain Nikolas 2 nights in a row during our stay in Elounda. We had a very fresh sea bass on the first night with lots of Raki and a fabulous lobster spagetti on our second night. Pur table had a very nice view of Spinaloga and the service was excellent. I highly recommend those guys, they know their stuff.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

We ate here twice in the past week, lunch both times, and had very good meals. The saganaki was some of the best we had all week, the mussels were the best mussels I've ever eaten (and i've eaten a few!!) - they were local, prawns very good, and generally good value for money. Very friendly service, nice outdoor space, with views over Spinalonga, a great place to have lunch (and i imagine dinner also). If you're in Plaka / staying at the Blue Palace certainly give this a go.