We were really looking forward to this first Chateau in a series of 3 in the Loire and Normandy and were surprised that it was really more of a rather casual, somewhat run down, farm house, with few rooms other than the breakfast room in which to spend time. We also found it overpriced compared to other much nicer chateaux, and not so conveniently located to the main public Chateaux and vineyards in the region. Also, the breakfast help was surly. The owner was quite ok and helpful in guiding our tours around the area. In conclusion, if you are looking for a bed and breakfast and you can negotiate a better price, it might be a good stop over, but it really should not be characterized as a Chateau, notwithstanding the technical features, which it might satisfy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take time out in a beautiful 18th century country retreat, nestled between the Chateaux of Blois and Chambord in the heart of the Loire Valley. Relax in the peaceful surroundings of our parkland and enjoy the gourmet preserves made from the fruits of our protected orchards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Chateau de la Rue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau De La Rue Hotel Cour Sur Loire
- Chateau De La Rue Cour Sur Loire, France - Loire Valley