We booked this chateau last-minute in August, after having contacted many other chateaus that were all full. Based on the nice conversation with the owner rather than the website we decided to go to this chateau. The experience has been wonderful. We stayed two nights in the room called "Mme de Segur" (the smallest room of the chateau) and two nights in the "Cassandra", the most luxurieus room of the chateau.
Both rooms were very nicely decorated, tasteful and it the atmosphere of the chateau. The Segur is small but cosy. Small negative point is the shower which is in the bathtub and does not have a shower curtain, which makes you wet the whole bathroom. The Cassandra is royal and beautiful, has both a bathtub and a shower (private toilet in the hall next to the room) and beautiful views.
The breakfast included in the room price was served in the dining room at a time of choice and was generally nice. The first morning we did not get eggs and yoghurt, but after we got this the second morning we realised that we could ask for this (standard bread with homemade jam was provided).
The owner is very nice and attentive and made it a habbit to pass by all guests during breakfast to see if they needed any advise on what to do during the day. She would advise which chateaus to visit, which winecellars and would indicate a scenic route to take, as well as nice restaurants to go to.
It is also possible to have dinner at the chateau, which should be requested 24 hours in advance. We had a lovely dinner with starter, salad, main, desert and cheese, an apperative and wine for a very decent price. As I don't eat meat, it was no problem to have a meatless dinner (in principle the dinner is fixed).
The garden around the chateau is nice and there are plenty of seats to sit outside in front of the chateau. There's also a swimming pool but thanks to the disappointing weather we did not make use of it.
The chateau is nicely located not too far from the Blois and the Chambord Chateau. Amboise is about an hour drive.
All in all we had a lovely stay at this very styleful chateau, and we would certainly recommend it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take time out in a beautiful 18th century country retreat, nestled between the Chateaux of Blois and Chambord in the heart of the Loire Valley. Relax in the peaceful surroundings of our parkland and enjoy the gourmet preserves made from the fruits of our protected orchards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Chateau de la Rue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau De La Rue Hotel Cour Sur Loire
- Chateau De La Rue Cour Sur Loire, France - Loire Valley