“Lovely country house hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Grange de Conde

La Grange de Conde
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Conde-Northen
Buckinghamshire UK
“Lovely country house hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

We chose this hotel as it was a convenient stopover on our journey to Calais from Austria. It has the most beautiful reception area and the rooms are appointed in traditional French style. Big bedroom with nice bathroom and separate toilet. The bed was huge and very comfortable. It has a large flat screen tv. The room did not a/c, but this was compensated by the big windows which we left open all night - thankfully the net curtains kept all but a couple of pesky flys out - these were dispatched after I sprayed them with an aerosol deodorant. The restaurant served us a lovely meal from a very extensive menu and even bigger wine list. We enjoyed our stay and are happy to recommend it to others looking for something a bit special. We had problems accessing their free wifi, we may have just been unlucky.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank UKtraveller5_7

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Paris, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

La grange de Condé is an up market resort, 20 km from Metz, in Lorraine. Some 20 rooms, a fine restaurant, it is part of the classy alliance called "Chateaux Hotels Collection".
I was greeted with a smile, and everything from the reception to the room oozed of nice details, like fresh fruit, a piece of candy, plush pillows, an ambitious restaurant, etc... I was looking forward to some serious cosseting.
Alas a smile is not enough. I couldn't operate the TV because "previous guests had taken the remote and not yet returned it"... Dinner (I was part of a group) was fine, but took 3 hours, even though it was a buffet. I was woken up by that TV turning itself on without my having requested it. Need I say more? Delivering a quality performance takes more than saying the words, having the facility and smiling. La Grange de Condé has the makings of a class act, but the beautiful shell is hollow.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank philber78
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

I wanted somewhere to stay to break up the car journey from London to Germany . Saw the reviews for La Grange and gave it a try. Glad I did. Convenient parking outside, friendly staff, comfortable room and excellent food in the restaurant . Would definitely use again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Robert9034
Stuttgart, Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

Disclaimer: I did not stay at this hotel, I had to cancel our reservation due to a medical emergency.

I made a reservation through www.expedia.com for this hotel and unfortunately had to cancel the day of due to a medical emergency (we were in the hospital all weekend). I called Expedia to cancel the reservation and they were able to contact the hotel for me and fax/email a cancellation. I thought everything was fine until the following Monday I was charged for the stay and received an email from the hotel staff stating I never cancelled the reservation.

I immediately contacted www.expedia.com again to remedy this situation and responded to the hotel staff email. The Expedia staff contacted the hotel and the hotel staff was completely unhelpful and unwilling to accept the cancellation stating it was never sent - even when I forwarded the email confirmation of the cancellation. It has been a month since this awful experience and I still have yet to be refunded for my cancelled reservation.

Bottom line: Beware if you have any issues and need to cancel your reservation. Make sure you get in writing from the hotel staff the reservation was cancelled.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Dexter-love
Luton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

We stayed here again, needing an overnight spot near the A4 east from Paris, and it was again good. Friendly staff, adequate rooms, rather good restaurant, not far from the Autoroute to Strasbourg.

It was the mirabelle season and we had the mirabelle menu of 5 courses, almost all with mirabelles as a component. We'll very likely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Rottweil, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on the way up north. Like most reviewers, the location lends itself to be used by travellers through France. It is really close to the motorway but far enough to be safe and quiet. Staff were simply great - so friendly from the reception we were given when we first walked in to the kitchen staff who shook our hands as we walked past after our evening meal. The hotel has a selection of Cuban cigars which can be enjoyed in their reception area/ cigar lounge. Laze in a leather chair and have a puff if that is your bag ! Rooms were very good with a safe and a DVD player if you want to borrow a film to watch.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Wrexham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

First visited this hotel in Sept 2011, and planning another European trip, felt that we had to include it again. It is a very well appointed hotel, with friendly staff and owners. The rooms are a very high standard as are all facilities including the pool area and restauarant.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Conde-Northen
Le Domaine de La Klauss
#2 of 5 in Saint-Avold
Hotel La Maison d'Hotes
Hotel La Maison d'Hotes
#1 of 8 in Amneville

Been to La Grange de Conde? Share your experiences!