We spent here one week in the end of January 2011. We are hikers and we had a rented car.
It was little difficult to find the hotel in the first evening. We followed signs to village Amparo and it is not so many roads going there. The hotels sign is big on the roof and it is easy to see when you are close.
There are several parking places both sides the hotel and even by the road. Parking will not be a problem.
We had a apartment with a balcony with a sea view. It was very clean and beautiful. The kitchen was good enough for us because we only had breakfast there. I think lack of bowls, scissors, peeling knife etc might make cooking difficult. Personnel was very helpful and polite. They seemed to be happy to help us when ever we needed them. The room was cleaned, beds were made and dishes washed daily.
Due to winter time the rooms were chilly and the floor was cold. Not even woolen socks could prevent feeling the coldness of the floor. I recommend you to take flip-flops with so that you can use them inside. It was also impossible to dry hiking clothes inside. We had to leave them on our balcony and usually they were dry next day.
There is a heated Jacuzzi on the common balcony on third floor. It is very nice! There is also a sauna but it was not yet ready to use. I think the electrification is missing.
In our room WiFi was not working. Either satellite channels on TV.
There is a restaurant downstairs the hotel. Food was good and local.
There is also a very nice local bar pretty close: take left road downhill . Soon there is T-crossing, turn right downhill. After two block there is a Bar cafeteria Amazon on the left side of the street. They speak English and are very polite. Prices (Jan 2012) beer 1,20 euro; hamburger (added fried egg , tomato and slice of ham) 1,80 euro; double sandwich with french fries 3 euros.
Town itself is local and quiet. We could not find any restaurant open 10 pm. Not even on Saturday evening.
A tiny local shop is located one block uphill road from the hotel. You can buy coffee, bread, cheese, salami and juice but the selection is very small. It is open 9 to 9 every day, I think.
There are several hiking paths close to Icod. You can easily get there by bus but rented car is easier. We took a bus to Puerto de la Cruz and one-way ticket was 2,75 euros/person.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Estrella del Norte Apartments is a nice family-run aparthotel located in the north side of Tenerife, in the town of Icod de los Vinos. Estrella del Norte offers different types of accommodation, from double rooms to 1 or 2 bedroom apartments. Some of the apartment have a lovely private terrace to enjoy the panoramic views and the sun of Tenerife. Equipped with separate bedroom, bathroom with hairdryer, amenities, large lounge with sofas, a kitchenette with toaster, kitchenware, microwave. Its privileged situation in Icod offers tranquility, nature and wellness. Relax on the terrace , and enjoy a delicious meal at the restaurant of the house, "Los Faroles". Free daily maid service, wi-fi internet, elevator, minimarket, laundry service, tour desk and free parking . Family atmosphere. Pets are allowed on request. Cots and high chairs for your baby. In the same building there is a pharmacy, a bakery , minimarket, restaurant. Some of the nearby attractions to Estrella del Norte Apartments are: * Cueva del Viento:Wind Cave: the experience of visiting one of the biggest volcanic tubes in the world at your fingertips * Drago Park: know this mythical tree, symbol of the city of Icod, and star of many legends. * Historical and artistic center of Icod: Stroll through typical cobbled streets, full of interesting places, stores, warehouses, museums and restaurants. We await you in North Star Apartments, the ideal place to enjoy your holiday and discover the real Tenerife ... See you soon ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Apartamentos Estrella del Norte reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Apartamentos Estrella Del Norte Hotel Icod De Los Vinos
- Apartamentos Estrella Del Norte Icod De Los Vinos, Tenerife, Spain