“A fantastic experience for first time snorkling.”
Review of Barra Snorkel Safari - CLOSED

Barra Snorkel Safari
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

We booked the shore session to learn a little bit first then the trip out in the RIB to swim with seals. Looking down to see a big pair of sealy eyes looking up at me from a few metres away is something I'll never forget. Great to try driving the boat too. Stephen is a fantastic tutor.

1  Thank daveandhistravels

Reviewed July 31, 2013

This was the 1st time I have ever done something so exciting .I was a bit nervous but Stephen put me at ease and off we went into the unknown it was just super and I felt very safe and got over the strange feeling of not sinking due to the super suit.If you come to Barra give it a wee go you won't be disappointed.

2  Thank Maryclare750
Reviewed July 29, 2013

First time in Barra, and this was probably one of the best things I did! Stephen and Simon were so patient and lovely. I am so glad to have done the Snorkeling and would highly recommend it to any age and at any time. You stay warm and comfortable all the time. Also, I got the chance to see some amazing sea life, including a seal. The memory will remain with me forever. I will definitely come back to Barra again and do the snorkeling. Once again thank you for everything!

2  Thank Grace G
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Water crystal clear. Fantastic colours on kelp and seaweed in the sunlight. Stephen is an excellent guide/ instructor and I'd recommend this as an activity for anyone looking for something different- even absolute beginners.

2  Thank seawitchblue
See more reviews
Reviewed July 9, 2013

From the beginning, Stephen Muir and his family ensured that my hopes and expectations were going to be met. With safety and comfort at the forefront, a suitable location was chosen and the experience was breath-taking. His knowledge and experience made snorkelling in Barra something I will never forget. The crystal clear waters rivalled anything I've seen. Stephen's calm nature and ability to share his knowledge of marine life made this a most peaceful experience. Here is a family that is sharing something very special that you would normally just "drive by"... come on in- the water's great!

2  Thank MMTWillowBeach_ON