“Excellent place to stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Isle of Barra
Tigh-Na-Mara Guest House
Ranked #7 of 15 Isle of Barra B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Very comfortable Bed and Breakfast close to Castlebay Ferry Terminal. Linda made us very welcome? Rooms are comfortable with TV, kettle, hair dryer etc. Breakfasts are a treat, great food and beautiful view of the bay. Highly recommended, we will be back.

Room Tip: Some rooms are front facing with views over the bay
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Marina L

Reviewed August 6, 2014

I booked to stay here for two nights after touring the Outer Hebrides. I'm glad I booked after finding out there were weddings taking place on both nights of my stay. I couldn't have asked for anything more after camping and staying in hostels for a week. My room was just perfect with a comfortable bed, private shower and wash hand basin. A good choice of breakfasts and the owners couldn't have done more to make my stay a welcome one. I would have no hesitation in returning. Thanks

Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Tracey E
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

Excellent location for coming off the late ferry and popping into Castle Bay for food. Wonderful views over the bay. Twin room small but has everything you need and was clean and tastefully decorated. Breakfast was delicious with lots of options. A really good night's sleep.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 2, 2014

We got a twin room overlooking the bay, that was really nice! The room was quite small, but as we were out most of the time, that is not really of any matter. However, the door to the bathroom was a bit strange, it was a sort of folding door leaving a gap running down the middle of the door when closed. It felt a bit akward when one of us was using the toilet as there was not exactly that much privacy. The room was very clean and very nicely decorated. The guesthouse itself was located quite centrally in Castlebay, easy to find as we came off the ferry from Oban and within very easy walking distance of everything in Castlebay.

Room Tip: We had a glimpse of two of the rooms facing towards the back of the house and we would recommend ask...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2014

The Tigh Na Mara is absolutely exceptional value given the amenities provided and the great, made to order breakfast. Linda made us feel most welcome in her beautiful home, which looks out over Castlebay and is a short stroll from, well, everything in the village. Tea and coffee making facilities, biscuits and mint chocolates in the beautiful, clean rooms. There's all the tourist information you'll need available in the lounge and a strong, reliable free WiFi signal. I'm already missing Barra and when I return I will most definitely be staying at Tigh Na Mara.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank 10MC77
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from a weekend in Barra for a family wedding, we booked the b&b to be close to the wedding. The b&b surpassed our expectations, although the rooms are compact they are clean and have everything you could need e.g. Tea, coffee, water, toiletries etc. Linda was very helpful and cooked a mean breakfast to order....perfect for the morning after a Barra wedding! I would highly recommend this as a central and friendly place to stay.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank TeamPhilip
Reviewed July 7, 2014

The rooms were clean and comfortable and breakfast was cooked to order. Linda and her family were very helpful and we enjoyed having a lounge to sit in and a place to store our luggage while we waited for the ferry. The guest house was very convenient for the facilities of Castlebay and the ferry terminal.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Tigh-Na-Mara Guest House? Share your experiences!