“Very good value for money”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Cardiff West Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wenvoe
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Really nice hotel, very clean rooms and very helpful staff who where willing to help out at every turn, and brekkie was more than good. I would happily recommend this hotel to anyone. The only thing I would say is that when you go in the entrance make sure that you follow the car park all the way round and the car park entrance is at the back of the hotel, and there is loads of spaces round the front, and it a wee track with your luggage if you do just pull up at the first space round the back.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed November 3, 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel which was recently refurbished. The room was lovely, really clean with very comfortable beds. The reception staff were welcoming and friendly.
We went to the restaurant next door for breakfast and waited 45 minutes for our cooked breakfast. We later complained that we'd had to wait a long time for our food. The waitress didn't apologise but told us sharply that breakfast started at 7am and we should have come earlier. She was extremely rude and sharp. We didn't think that allowing one hour for breakfast was unreasonable but our order wasn't taken until 20 minutes after our arrival then arrived after a 40 minute wait which meant we had to eat it really quickly in order to get to our destination on time.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 15, 2012

All Premier Inns give good value for money. The room was quiet and clean. My quibbles were as follows. The car park was littered and the entrance spoilt by dropped cigarette nubs and discarded chocolate wrappers which I feel the reception staff could have checked regularly. The bar area had crisps and other savouries scattered around and the staff seemed slow to clear the tables, while ignoring the state of the messy carpets.
And if you want a face cloth for your ablutions, take your own. There are none supplied in the bathroom and when I requested one I was given the directions to Tesco's.
These were my only disappointments in what was a pleasant stay in a good location.

Room Tip: Request bedrooms at the rear. The front ones face a noisy road.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed at this premier inn for one night on the 19th of sept!! It was my first time at a premier inn, & I have to say it was overall a very pleasant experience!! Staff were very friendly in all departments, & went out of there way to help you any way they could, which is a big bonus in my book!! The only thing I found disappointing was the bed was too hard, which made it very uncomfortable to sleep in, a bit lumpy in places as well, so I didn't get the good night sleep I could have done with because I kept waking up, & trying to get comfortable!! I don't know if this is the problem in every room or just mine, but it was a shame really, because everything else was more than adequate, I would certainly stay again though regardless of this!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Had a great time at this Premier inn. I was staying with my two children ages 12 and 14.
We had traveled to Cardiff to view the tv locations used for filming Gavin & Stacie and of course some retail therapy. The locatiobn was great for both.
Staff were very helpful and polite.
We have only stayed in the main rivals lodge before, they don't come near to premier inn.
Room was clean, modern and fresh smelling and although it was at the front facing the car park and downstairs it was very quiet. We loved the large flat screen tv and free view. Oh and nearly forgot the wifi too. What more could we ask for 10 out of 10.

Room Tip: If our room by the main entrance facing the car park was quiet I shouldn't think you could get a...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I am a member of the R.A.O.B, and we hold meetings across the country throughout the year. This year saw 4 meetings in Llantrisant. Cardiff West was the nearest available accommodation, involving 2 trips per meeting by car from Wenvoe to Llantrisant. On trying to book for November 30th, for the December meeting, I was astounded to be told that the price per room was £83.00. I neither know, nor care, what other event is taking place in the area. This is profiteering at the expense of regular patrons.

Room Tip: If you or your partner is disabled, be precise on this point.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed overnight the other weekend for a wedding nearby and were very impressed. The staff were very helpful, polite and welcoming. The room was very clean and looked like it had been recently refurbished. All the towels and bedding etc were clean and fresh looking. The large Samsung flat screen TV was a plus point. We ate in the Beefeater which is part of the hotel for dinner which was nice. Early bird menu so Fish & Chips for less than a fiver - cheap as ch... - you get the idea!. Breakfast was also very nice - loads to choose from and always being replenished by the staff. Location isn’t great if you want Cardiff centre city but only a 15 minute drive or so. Overall it’s very good value for money and would stay again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wenvoe
Copthorne Hotel Cardiff-Caerdydd
Tadross Hotel
#5 of 5 in Barry
Travelodge Cardiff M4 Hotel
Premier Inn Cardiff North Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Cardiff West Hotel? Share your experiences!