“Beautiful ceramics and excellent custom service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Galleria

More attraction details
Owner description: The gallery has been operating for about 30 years in the production of artistic ceramics and as 700 years ago, only creates ceramics made ​​and hand painted. This shop is a little jewel in the commercial landscape of Montelupo. The owner Salvatore Mirenda, creates objects with the ancient technique of the lathe, the activity that takes place over 35 years, after he inherited from his father Sebastian, a master potter. Salvatore continues the family tradition of working with clay, enriching it with new shapes and decorations. Our production is not limited to the reproduction of classical works, but adds that touch of creativity, originality and quality that distinguishes our work. The gallery offers the opportunity 'to order and buy directly from the factory or via email.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful ceramics and excellent custom service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

While traveling from florence to Pisa we decided to stop in Montelupo to browse. Well, LaGalleria was our first stop and we stayed for 2 hours! Matteo and his Mom were wonderful. They were helpful and provided excellent service. I loved everything in this store and bought a lamp and a casserole dish. My friend bought several platters. The lamp arrived safely to New York as did the dishes. Thank you again Matteo for helping us. I cannot wait to go back and visit again. Maria P from NY

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Mdp0823
Matteo M, Direttore vendite at La Galleria, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Ciao Maria,

I was really happy reading your words, and I am pleased to have gifted you the experience that you have wrote in our shop!

Reading that the shipping is gone fine made my day, we pass a week under pressure waiting for the email with the communication that everything arrived intact!

I hope to see you soon in our shop,

Phoenix, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ceramic Magicians”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

This is a ceramic masterpiece. The detail and exquisite character of each piece was beyond majestic. Matteo and his family are very helpful and know what pieces are right to fit your personality. I was blessed to have meant them and can't wait to return. I am so excited they have a catalog to order all their wonderful pieces. Thanks, Matteo and family for the wonderful experience. Your friend from Arizona. Christine

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Christine G
Matteo M, Proprietario at La Galleria, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Christine,

I was a pleasure for me to know you, and the smile on your face, of your sisters and your cousin after giving the gift and make compositions of ceramics was a wonderful experience also for me.

The fact that you mention that I have understood your personality and found the right pieces means a lot to me!

Thank you for the beautiful review, I really hope to see you soon!

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Ceramic treasures and a Special Family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

We happened upon La Galleria after a visit to the Ceramics Museum in Montelupo and were thrilled to find pieces of high quality. We were looking for a few small tiles and the owners gave us such special attention we were amazed. Matteo and Betty (in excellent English) pulled out many ideas and helped us to design the tiles, down to special colors and finishes.

We are anxious to add the tiles to our collection in our Tuscan style kitchen in the US.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Mary Louise S
Mirestar, Direttore vendite at La Galleria, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
We are happy about your wonderful words, and we are be sure that you will enjoy your own tiles from Montelupo!!

We hope to see you soon, have a nice day. :)

Matteo, Betty e Salvatore
Florence, Toscana, Italy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Wonderful ceramics and wonderful owners!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

I recently, had a son and I wanted to have something special made for him. I stumbled across this wonderful ceramic store in the city of ceramics in Montelupo on our vacation and saw these wonderful plaquets. The owners were so helpful and kind (and spoke good english) they customer mad e me a plaquet beautifully. If you are in the ceramics city I Highly recommend a visit here.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Teneil T
Matteo M, Direttore vendite at La Galleria, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Teneil,

After reading your review I was truly delighted because your satisfaction is our best reward. Hope to see you again soon at our shop!

And thank you for praising our English, it means so much to us! :)

Have a nice day,
Firenze
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Ceramic Heaven!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

I live in Firenze and love to visit La Galleria in Montelupo, a beautiful village in the nearby countryside. La Galleria is a family owned ceramic company, with a treasure house of a store, filled with a wonderful selection of Tuscan ceramics that they make in their two local factories.
From a single plate to magnificent large urns....single color or hand painted with a design....antiqued or contemporary...
they will make anything your heart desires as a special order, but already have so many wonderful items in their inventory it is difficult to choose!
The Mirenda family go out of their way to make visitors feel welcome, and are both proud & happy to give a detailed tour of their production.They obviously love what they do, but are also talented ceramic artists & designers.
I already own some beautiful custom made pieces from La Galleria & will definitely be ordering more!

Visited September 2013
2 Thank FirenzeBarbi
Matteo M, Direttore vendite at La Galleria, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Dear Barbi,

Thank you for your high rating I'm happy we have been for you the ideal ceramic shop and I hope to be able to keep this special mood that so many people feel here!

My best,