All reviews up hill amazing hotel swimming pool ski lift ski vacation shuttle january jacuzzi equipment mountains spa balcony campitello dinner dolomites
Selected filters
Reviewed March 27, 2018

We spent 3 nights at the hotel this past ski season and must say it was great!

Location -
located up hill a bit , if you get a room with a balcony ,there is a nice view.
About 10-15 minutes walk from lift back up to the hotel wearing normal comfortable shoes. around 5-10 minutes for city center.

Shuttle - amazing service , didn't have to wait more than a couple of minutes. They were also kind enough to help us with a shuttle in the middle of the day to get back from the ski lift to the hotel to catch a bus, and they stopped and waited for us as we returned our equipment , this is not a given and we are grateful for the service.

Food - My gf has Celiac ( eats Gluten free) and I myself some dietary limitations , we booked last minute and informed them of these barriers only once we got there. They had a solution for every problem and the food was very tasty, for gluten free breakfast they even had bread and a crosson.

Spa - really nice. No stand alone jacuzzi , it's integrated into the pool (so not as hot as we hoped , but this seems to be the same in every hotel we stayed the past few years in europe) .

Staff - happy to help and have good English.

Room - I can't stress enough how much I hate it when the put 2 single mattresses together, sadly it seems to be everywhere, anyhow the bed was comfortable. The room is heated and very cozy. Nice bathroom .

Ski tip - leave your equipment at the top of the lift ( small shop) , cost us 14euro for 2 people for 3 days.

Room tip: ask for a room facing the city / view
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2017 via mobile

We are currently staying at the Stella Montis and have already been here for 5 nights on a Dinner, B & amp; B basis. Last night, 2 hours after eating dinner in the hotel's dining room, my wife was taken violently ill with vomiting and diarrhea. This was at 10pm and continued until 4am. Having reported the matter to the hotel this morning they are completely indifferent and say that as they have had no other reports of guest sickness and my wife must have contracted the illness elsewhere. This is highly improbable as we both ate the same sandwich lunch and we ate breakfast at the hotel. At dinner, my wife had two food different items to my daughters and I - one of which was cold cured meat and the other a cold stuffed tomato. Whilst I can appreciate that the hotel may not want to accept that they may have a problem, the shrug of the shoulders and the Not our problem attitude is appalling. I would advise people to think carefully before booking the Hotel Stella Montis, and certainly before eating at the hotel. Meanwhile we are stuck here for 2 more days.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Nick U
Reviewed May 13, 2017

It is one of the best hotels to stay in Campitello where you can enjoy for ski and beauty of local nature. Hotel stuff is very friendly and work very professional especially in the restaraunt and wellness zone.
Lili works at the spa zone and she is a great specialist. It is worth ordering massage by her. Shuttle driver is very kind and always drops and picks you up in time.
As for disadvantages - the hotel locates at the hill and it is quite difficult to climb.

Room tip: Keep in mind that there are two sides of the hotel, one has a view to the village, the other one to the mountains.
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2017 via mobile

Room are Ok, food is not terrible but they could learn how to prepare fried eggs. We went there for skiing,faccilities are Ok. You can use schedule bus to go for lift. Generally overpriced.I will not come back, looking for some better places.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed March 2, 2017

We stayed in this hotel in february. It was a very pleasant holiday with great food, clean and very comfortable rooms, breathtaking view from balcony and helpful and friendly staff. Breakfast food selection was very good as well as dinner. Since the hotel is on the hill, there is a tranfer bus arranged from the hotel to ski lift and vice versa. There is a pool and a spa-relax area which was very pleasant after a day of skiing
I higly recommend this hotel!!

Room tip: ask a room with a view to town
Date of stay: February 2017