“Standard hotel but potentially stole my credit card number”

Hotel Brisas Del Yaque Jarabacoa
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jarabacoa
Hotel Brisas Del Yaque Jarabacoa
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Jarabacoa
Bangkok, Thailand
“Standard hotel but potentially stole my credit card number”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

Overall, my experience at the Hotel Brisas del Yaque was standard: standard location, friendly staff, simple, clean but a bit noisy room. The negative: my credit card number was possibly stolen at this hotel and used. Some background: I used my credit card only twice during my trip to the Dominican Republic - in this hotel, and at the Hotel Palacio in Santo Domingo. Between the two hotels the Palacio took the complaint more seriously. The Hotel Brisas del Yaque seems to be a solid if unspectacular establishment and the staff overall seemed good. I wouldn't want to condemn the Brisas Del Yaque as a whole because I don't think what potentially occurred there was systematic, perhaps the doing of a single opportunistic individual. That said, the crime still occurred and anyone considering using this hotel or the Hotel Palacio should keep this in mind.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Rob F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Jarabacoa, Dominican Republic
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

Looking for just the right hotel in Jarabacoa can be a crap shoot. Quality ranges from horrible to average. Please do not get your hopes up if you think your gonna find US quality in Jarabacoa. Hotet Brisas de Jaque is more or less clean and located in the heart of town, which makes it probably your best bet for the pedestrian visitor. There is also plenty of parking, which is not easy to come by. the price is about par with other options, but the overall value is beter than the average.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

I came into jarabacoa on the bus and walked over to the hotel. The room was very clean and comfortable. The first room they gave me was on the back side of the hotel, which was loud, but they happily relocated me to the front side which was nice and quiet.
There is free wireless Internet and coffee in the morning. Also they were willing to hold onto my bag on checkout day so I could play around a little longer.
Highly recommend, nice place

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank FollowingFinney
Poitou-Charentes, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

Highly recommend this hotel. The only quiet place in Jarabacoa. Lovely restaurant and bar serving excellent cocktails and great food. Super value - the large airy rooms had aircon and fridges. They also found us a great guide (Monchy) who took us out for a fantastic day visiting a coffee plantation and factory, two waterfalls and the confluence of two rivers. He also offers white water rafting!

• Stayed February 2013
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

Served its purpose. It allowed us to get a great night sleep and rest at a safe and hospitable location. The restaurant was convenient and the food was great at a more than reasonable price. Staying there was a much better choise than staying with family, much more comfortable and with privacy.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank David's s
Willemstad, Curacao
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

I stayed at this hotel (number 2)for a few days. It is like 3 minute walk from the Caribe Tours busstation although you will be welcomed by motoconchos there. The hotel is a block away from Parque Duarte and there are several groceries, restaurants bars a few blocks away. On the corner you can eat local dominican food on the street. My room on the mountain side was quiet althought the rooms on the street side may be noisy. The hotel has a big parking place in case you come with our own car (would be a good deal to park your car in the middle of town). It is very central. You can walk to the Ramirez coffee factory. Reception staff is good. they dont mind having a chat with you. The girl during the day was also helpful with getting a local guide and motoconcho. The room was clean however may need the finishing touch (especially the bathroom). The water was cold thought for showering (not ice cold but for sure not warm). The tv has cable and the mini fridge worked fine. Room got cleaned everyday. They have an onside restaurant but I didnt see people eating there. Reception seemed open 24/7 and also the main gate has a guard 24 7 althought Jarabacao seemed very safe to me and I didnt feel unsafe even when walking at night in the city. Also when you chill at the park duarte there is big chance some locals will come up to you for a sincere chat.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Curtraveller
LA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

I decided to take a trip to see Jarabacoa while staying in Santiago. I was able to make a phone reservation a couple days ahead form Santiago. Upon arrival the staff was helpful and even spoke english. I asked about a waterfall tour and within 5 minutes a guide was called and arrived to discuss my options. My room was 1,500 dop for a night and came nicely furnished with cable TV and mini fridge. I was pleasantly surprised for the price I paid. The breakfast was excellent and made to order with excellent service from the waiter. Breakfast was an additional 155 dop. I plan to return to see more of Jarabacoa soon and I will definitely stay here as the location is in the center of town within walking distance of the Caribe tours bus station and the park. I was in town on a Thursday but expect higher prices on a weekend. I stayed at Yaque ll.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank santiagoguy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jarabacoa
Hotel Gran Jimenoa
Rancho Olivier Bed & Breakfast
Rancho Tierra Alta
Rancho Tierra Alta
#7 of 9 in Jarabacoa

Been to Hotel Brisas Del Yaque Jarabacoa? Share your experiences!