“If you haven't tried, you should!”

Aroma de la Montana
Ranked #1 of 26 Restaurants in Jarabacoa
Cuisines: Caribbean, Steakhouse, Contemporary, International, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: MISSION Our mission at the Aroma de la Montana Restaurant is to ensure that our customers receive fast, professional and friendly service, that each of the dishes we serve meets the highest standards of quality and freshness while combining modern and traditional styles of international cuisine with Dominican specialtiess. Our commitment is for all customers who visit us to be so impressed with our service that they will feel the desire to return again and again.
Las Terrenas, Samana, Dominican Republic
“If you haven't tried, you should!”
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

We went to this place in the afternoon for a couple of drinks and decided to got back for dinner. I understand the top is a rotating restaurant on weekends, we did not experience this due to being there in the middle of the week. What a treat! Presentation, presentation, presentation! Service was the best since I moved to this country. Food was fabulous and the service was superb!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Angela S

Atlanta GA
“Service was excellent”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Hamaca de Dios is a really nice restaurant. Its worth the drive up the mountain (and well maintained road) to see the view from the restaurant. It overlooks the valley of Jarabacoa and nearby towns. Truly a magnificent view.

The restaurant is affordable with dishes ranging from $10-$15 which includes a salad or side. The menu has several options of fish, steak (imported), pork, chicken, pasta - the usual. But the preparation is well executed, with fresh herbs and delicate sauces that compliment the entree. The sampling I had from around the table of 6 of us, confirmed that all dishes were all equally delicious. The service is impeccable, with wait staff that speak Spanish, English, French. They have a nice wine list that represents several good regions around the world.
There were only 3 deserts on the menu but the one we split at the table was good.

When finished (or before dinner) take a quick stroll through their herb garden where they grown their own for the table. Its impressive.

If you want to sit at the top of the restaurant that has a revolving dinning area, go on the weekend since that is when it is open.

I would recommend this restaurant even just to have a glass of wine and over look the wonderful scenery!

• Visited October 2013
Toronto, Canada
“A great dining experience matched by the incredible view.”
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

A modern gem of the Jarabacoa area and possibly the best dining experience in the country. A spectacular view of the valley offers something very different from what most tourists would find along the coast or in the colonial zones. Great food, wine list and atmosphere that bring together an amazing side of the Dominican Republic. A must for those wandering into the interior of the country.

• Visited October 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“WOW!!!!”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I tell you what, This is THE PLACE to go for dinner! The view was AMAZING! The service was fantastic! The food was INCREDIBLE! And the prices were great! we had 2 appitizers (cevieche and soup) steak entree, tuna entree, a bottle of champagne and 2 margaritas, and had we been in the states - a meal like this we would have spent atleast $350. But here it was just alittle over $100 (seriously - we felt like a king and a queen on top of a mountian!). I'm a seafood lover and my tuna was probably one of the best I'd ever had. And my husbands steak was incredible (and I dont really eat red meat that often and even I was in love with it). If you are in Jarabacoa you MUST go here, you wont regret it!

• Visited September 2013
Miami, Florida
“Excellent food! Excellent view”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I discovered this place by accident. It's located on top of a mountain located within a private upscale housing community. In order to go through the gate, you have to tell the security guard that you will go to the restaurant and pay a $7 cover fee that will be credited towards your meal ticket. it's just a "security deposit" that they ask you to pay to prevent "undesirables" from entering the private housing community. The food and the service was very good, and the view was even better. The only thing that I disliked is that the wind may be too strong sometimes; they could increase the height of the glass around the terrace. I will definitively come back to this place.

Visited August 2013