What a truly wonderful find. We stayed here at the beginning of December 2006 and the only slightly disappointing thing was that the weather was a bit cool! The accommodation was superb and spotlessly clean - the kitchen was very well equipped and it was so wonderful to eat outside on the decking with the sea almost at your feet. The gardens are kept so neat and how wonderful to walk straight off your lawn on to the beach. It is a family business and that certainly shines through with the level of care for the property and the service and friendliness you receive. We actually never ate out as we found Adrift to be the perfect peaceful place, and believe me, coming from the UK we crave peace and quiet and love to escape from the rat race at every opportunity. Bess's breakfast basket was so appetising and we loved to guess which home made preserve would be in the basket today - we had home made bread, home made granola, poached plums, beautiful yoghurt - we were truly spoilt! Bess and Gordon were the perfect hosts - there when you needed them but at a discreet distance if you did not. Gordon was a mine of information on all the activities in the area and has a wealth of knowledge. They have both worked incredibly hard to make this a success and we would have no qualms in recommending this place to anyone. We would say, however, to be warned about Takaka Hill which is the only way in and out of Golden Bay - it is long, high and very twisty but it is worth every bend! We did the eco-trip from Collingwood to Farewell Spit - a must do experience - most interesting. In summary we had a glorious 5 days here and we will go back in the near future and would highly recommend it to anyone who wants to totally chill out - wonderful place for the romantically inclined!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 5-Star, self-contained accommodation situated on a quiet, sandy and sheltered private beach. The 5 cottages and a studio are spread over 1 Ha of landscaped gardens to ensure guest privacy and a peaceful, relaxed and romantic atmosphere. All accommodations have king-size beds with breathtaking views over Golden Bay. The stylish, modern interiors feature warm timbers. Cottages all have luxury double spa baths. Centrally located between Abel Tasman, and Kahurangi National Parks and Farewell Spit Nature Reserve. This beautiful area is well known for artisans, interesting cafes and varied day walks ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Adrift in Golden Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Adrift In Golden Bay Hotel Takaka
- Adrift In Golden Bay Nelson
- Adrift In Golden Bay Takaka, New Zealand