We really enjoyed our time at Adrift, despite being out of season! The accommodation has been well described by other reviewers with access to beach and privacy being distinctive features. Breakfast arrives in a hamper the previous day so guests can taje it at the time they want after they have prepared it - this works well (but perhaps possibly slightly monotonous for an extended stay). Guests can use the laundry facilities, which was helpful for us. We were grateful to Gordon for his local advice on walks and activities - invaluable. Wirless internet was useful, thanks all.
Dining is more challenging our of season but we drove and tried Tinky's Tavern in Collingwood (very basic but fine) and The Brigand (in Takaka).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 5-Star, self-contained accommodation situated on a quiet, sandy and sheltered private beach. The 5 cottages and a studio are spread over 1 Ha of landscaped gardens to ensure guest privacy and a peaceful, relaxed and romantic atmosphere. All accommodations have king-size beds with breathtaking views over Golden Bay. The stylish, modern interiors feature warm timbers. Cottages all have luxury double spa baths. Centrally located between Abel Tasman, and Kahurangi National Parks and Farewell Spit Nature Reserve. This beautiful area is well known for artisans, interesting cafes and varied day walks ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Adrift in Golden Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Adrift In Golden Bay Hotel Takaka
- Adrift In Golden Bay Nelson
- Adrift In Golden Bay Takaka, New Zealand