It's hard to heap more praise on Adrift than has already been said. Sometimes you get to a place to find it somehow doesn't quite live up to the Tripadvisor, that it's been over hyped, or things have changed. Not so with Adrift, all the superlatives used in the reviews are true, but words alone can't do the reality of the place justice - its better than that. You just have to go to experience it for yourself.
All I would add is that Gordon and Bess are lovely lovely people. Bess asked us what they could do to improve, as they were always striving to, but we really can't think of anything major (maybe take away the TV, tell the sand flies to leave NZ, and guarantee perfect weather). Highlights: the cottage, furnishings, big fold-back doors to the deck, scrumptious breakfasts, BBQ, sea view, beautiful grounds, the beach at sunset, the list goes on. It just left us with such a feeling of peace and tranquility, and we will be sure to come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 5-Star, self-contained accommodation situated on a quiet, sandy and sheltered private beach. The 5 cottages and a studio are spread over 1 Ha of landscaped gardens to ensure guest privacy and a peaceful, relaxed and romantic atmosphere. All accommodations have king-size beds with breathtaking views over Golden Bay. The stylish, modern interiors feature warm timbers. Cottages all have luxury double spa baths. Centrally located between Abel Tasman, and Kahurangi National Parks and Farewell Spit Nature Reserve. This beautiful area is well known for artisans, interesting cafes and varied day walks ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Adrift in Golden Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Adrift In Golden Bay Hotel Takaka
- Adrift In Golden Bay Nelson
- Adrift In Golden Bay Takaka, New Zealand