Golden Bay is over the hill, but it's worth the drive. It really is a beautiful place. Adrift is one of those special places with views that you just keep snapping pictures to try to capture it forever. So pretty. We spent four days there and loved every minute. The owners are lovely people, very accommodating and, at the same time unobtrusive. You have total privacy. The beach is deserted most of the time and at low tide, you can walk quite a ways without seeing anybody. The Mussel Inn, down the road a few, is a lot of fun, especially if they have music. However Adrift is pretty isolated, so we barbecued most nights, watching the stars. It is a heavenly place. For those who love to go off the beaten path and feed your soul with peace and beauty, this is the place. Go out to Wharariki Beach, great hike and a gorgeous beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 5-Star, self-contained accommodation situated on a quiet, sandy and sheltered private beach. The 5 cottages and a studio are spread over 1 Ha of landscaped gardens to ensure guest privacy and a peaceful, relaxed and romantic atmosphere. All accommodations have king-size beds with breathtaking views over Golden Bay. The stylish, modern interiors feature warm timbers. Cottages all have luxury double spa baths. Centrally located between Abel Tasman, and Kahurangi National Parks and Farewell Spit Nature Reserve. This beautiful area is well known for artisans, interesting cafes and varied day walks ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Adrift in Golden Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Adrift In Golden Bay Hotel Takaka
- Adrift In Golden Bay Nelson
- Adrift In Golden Bay Takaka, New Zealand