Golden Bay Motel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Mohua Motels(Takaka)
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
Awaroa Lodge(Abel Tasman National Park)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
All reviewsspacious unitlocal areathe kitchenthe ownersitting areamain streetroad noisegolden bayhelpful ownerslovely gardenwithin walking distancestayed for nightswould stay here againa great place to stayshort walksouth islandwifi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 13, 2014

A nice quiet clean motel within walking distance to town .Very nice helpful owners . Looks out onto a peaceful garden setting . Had everything that was required in the kitchen including a full sized fridge . Would not hesitate to come back .

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2013

A quiet motel in Takaka with a beautiful garden off the patio. We returned here because we liked it very much last time we stayed here. The kitchen is a real kitchen, with everything you need and a full sized fridge....great for a family. We were in the two bedroom unit so the parents got a bit of quiet space away from the TV and kids. Warm, cozy, well furnished and clean. The owner is a delightful and friendly lady. I would recommend it.

Room Tip: Some rooms have direct view of garden (if you are keeping an eye on kids)
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Arrived at the Motel Easter holidays. Had been promised a room suitable for 3 adults.
The room was small & the bedroom was little more than a cubicle in the room with a metre gap around the top of the walls. Ventilation I presume.
We left & found suitable rooms elsewhere. We telephoned & advised that we would not need the room & explained the reasons. All seemed ok & no mention made of a fee.
On returning to the UK discovered that NZ$150 had been taken from my credit card account.
In subsequent emails received explanation that this was in the terms & conditions, but they never notified customers unless asked. But 'Rules is Rules'
The owners seem happy to take a cancellation fee without any notification.
Will not be using this motel again.

Room Tip: Care re multi occupancy rooms
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bradda74
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I booked a night here at the last minute in the Easter Holidays, on the way to a tent site elsewhere in golden bay. I must admit there was not much choice and I was looking for a good price. I found that...a reasonable priced motel. But I was very pleased with the lovely facilities. The living area looks out on a peaceful back garden that makes it feel more like a resort than a motel on a busy street. There was lots of hot water in the shower, good parking for my large van, and a well stocked kitchen. It even had a proper sized freezer for my shopping. I walked to the shops, ate well, watched SKY TV and slept like a log. The owner was very friendly and helpful. I would go back again like a shot.

Room Tip: Make sure your roof rack fits under the veranda if you have a tall van.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We where very impressed with this motel, The ownwers , Helen and husband were a very friendly,helpful and cheerful couple t and they also had a friendly cat called MoJo.
The untit was extremley clean in fact the cleanest i have ever been in and we have travelled a lot
I would recommend staying there if in Takaka,
Julie and dave Gilmour