We again misjudged our distance and ended up out in the middle of nowhere in the dark and with no hotel. We drove in the dark for what seemed like hours and we were hungry and exhausted with no prospects for hotels. We happened upon this hotel and it was just perfect. Little cabins with cute gardens and very large. The bathroom was surprisingly modern and there was a refrigerator. You could order room service from the restaurant on property and we did that for breakfast. They even offered to keep the kitchen open for us when we checked in so late to make us food. Very kind and gracious hosts. Each cabin is named after a bird and they plant the proper plants outside to attract that kind of bird!! In the light of morning we could see that the town of Takaka was only a few minutes away but we had come in from the other side so it was like finding an oasis.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Rocks Chalets offers 5 open plan private chalets each with their own en suite bathroom and patio, set amongst scenic karst rock formations. Each Chalet has a toaster, jug, cutlery, cups, plates, a fridge and a BBQ. Just a short drive from the beautiful beaches and all that Golden Bay has to offer. The Rocks is ideally located 800 metres from Takaka township. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity and Booking.com so you can book your The Rocks Chalets reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eatery On The Rock Hotel Takaka
- The Rocks Chalets Takaka, Golden Bay, New Zealand