I was working in Takaka for a couple weeks. Our production company was using Eatery on the Rocks as our dining facility/caterer. We had been traveling for 3 months to various locations around the world. Our food was always so-so due to the measly amount our company was willing to pay each caterer.
I don't know how Chris (chef) did it, and we were all very thankful, but the food was fantastic. Delicious options and even a full salad bar. Some of the best steaks and stripey bacon I've ever had.
Along with the good food, the staff always greeted us with a big smile and made us feel right at home.
I didn't stay on premises, but walking around the grounds was a treat. Cool caves, rock formations and abundant vegetation made it feel like you were walking through "middle earth".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Rocks Chalets offers 5 open plan private chalets each with their own en suite bathroom and patio, set amongst scenic karst rock formations. Each Chalet has a toaster, jug, cutlery, cups, plates, a fridge and a BBQ. Just a short drive from the beautiful beaches and all that Golden Bay has to offer. The Rocks is ideally located 800 metres from Takaka township. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your The Rocks Chalets reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eatery On The Rock Hotel Takaka
- The Rocks Chalets Takaka, Golden Bay, New Zealand