We didn't quite know what to expect when we booked this place based on previous reviews, especially because it was called a "motel" and we usually stay in B and B's or "inns". It was a little out of the way to drive to Takaka but we did not regreat it for a second! The rooms are in self contained chalets that are just lovely - with very unique settings among rocks and beautiful scenery. Even better - you just walk a short distance up the driveway to the restaurant where we had a great dinner and were well-served by Chris. Also this was the least expensive accomodation we had throughout our 2 week trip around NZ, so definitely graet value. This place is really special, so definitely worth going out of your way to get there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Rocks chalets offer 5 one bedroom affordable private island style chalets each with their own en suit bathroom, patio and garden, and 1 two bedroom family unit with private deck. The chalets have been built amongst the large Karst rock formations, which dominate the four-acre award winning gardens. Commanding breath-taking views of Takaka and the surrounding hills. Just minutes from beautiful beaches and all that Golden bay has to offer. The Rocks is perfectly located, within walking distance of Takaka township and sandwiched between two national parks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your The Rocks Chalets reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eatery On The Rock Hotel Takaka
- The Rocks Chalets Takaka, Golden Bay, New Zealand