“Sheer Bliss!!!”
other travelers have booked this property
Villa padavne by the sea
Villa Padavne on the edge of a hillock overlooking the sea Front view
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Villa padavne by the sea
Villa Padavne on the edge of a hillock overlooking the sea
Front view
verandah where the sea lulls you into a state of tranquillity
Turquoise Bedroom
Time to celebrate
small plunge pool
courtyard with the view of padavne Beach.
living room with small library
Bedroom upstairs
cobalt blue bedroom
sunset at villa padavne
sunset at padavne beach
food for the gods
Mango grove view from the house
Verandah to while away the day..
Cobalt blue bathroom
Living room
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

A TripAdvisor Member
Mumbai, India
“Sheer Bliss!!!”
Reviewed November 22, 2017 for a stay in October 2017

We were looking for a quiet getaway from the loud, smoggy city of Mumbai. Villa Padavne exceeded our expectations and how!!!. The road journey can be long and tedious but once there, it’s totally worth it!!! Here is why Villa Padavne tops my list…
• VP is secluded… the nearest town is 15kms away…fresh country air! Wilderness for miles around.
• The location is stunning – situated on a hilltop, overlooking a pristine beach.
• The villa is an aesthetic work of Art and Architecture... the bed rooms are elegant, and have a simple luxuriousness about them. The vast verandah is the highlight of the villa with expansive views of the sea and the wilderness. There is a lovely plunge pool adjoining the verandah.
• The food is simple, local, home cooked by the staff and absolutely delicious. There's simply nothing like having breakfast on the patio with a view of the sea and the wilderness.
• There’s plenty to see and do around Villa Padavne…early morning bird watching, leisurely walks into the surrounding villages, endless hours on the pristine beach, boat trips, fish auctions. Or just do nothing at all and behold the beautiful sight of the unspoiled beach beckoning you.
• The ever smiling, conscientious staff that leaves no stone unturned to ensure your sojourn is sheer bliss!!!
• And last but not the least, the most important member of our family, our beloved pet dog was more than welcome. There’s no better haven for your dog to be completely off leash.
Thank you Nandita for sharing your slice of paradise with us.

Your age range 35-49
Dec 10, 2017
Thank you so much for a wonderful review.. do come again
Nitinniti...
“A heaven on earth!”
Reviewed March 2, 2016 for a stay in November 2015
person found this review helpful

I have been to this lovely abode twice and have had many memories to share with you.
I live in Pune and this villa in Deogad Kokan.I was recommended this one by one of my close buddy.The first choice for my holiday was typically Goa or Malvan,but he insisted
that I give a try to this property once.
I agreed with him and packed my bags and drove to Deogad,and boy the first impression entering the gate of this villa is mind blowing.
The drive is surrounded by cashew,mango and other local shrubs and trees. I stopped my car before entering the villa to look around and could smell the pure Kokan aroma,and to my left the pure Arabian Sea unfolded,memorable drive to the villa which is stand alone.
The first impression when I entered,was about the architecture of the villa,totally ethnic,rustic and blending with the local area.The porch with the arches,sit out and a beautiful ornamental door invites you with pure warmth and humbleness.The staff greeted us with warmth and a wide smile.Once we entered inside boy it was magic, blend of local art and antiques furniture with the local flavor seen all over the living area.Its like a museum creativity was visible everywhere,not the typical commercial design you find in resorts,but as good as you owning a home in Kokan.The villa opens to the sea with a covered verandah all around with a huge bedroom down with a smaller kids room next to it and the master bedroom on top is simply mind blowing as it opens to a balcony with a view of the ocean.Those who do not wish to go to the beach just few yards away there is good size dip pool next to the living area.The bedrooms and the bathrooms are simple and clean with furniture from the past era so one gets that typical Goan Portuguese type of warmth inside.I did not use the bedroom aircon as I wanted to experience the beauty fresh air coming 360 •
The food was simply heaven with fresh catch coming everyday to the villa from the fisherman down below few yards away.For vegetarians local produce comes to the villa kitchen on a daily basis.The staff is local so you can ask them all the history surrounding the area.
I cannot imagine that there does exist a villa so private and homely on the entire Kokan coast for rent.Bye bye Goa welcome padavne villa.
I can go and go on with my experience but I have to end here.Folks do visit this property once in your lifetime and boy you will come back fresh mentally and physically.
Warm regards,
Nitin Achrekar pune

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Mar 3, 2016
Dear nitin thank you so much for your kind words.hope to see you all soon
Regards
Nandita
Aruldas25
Mumbai, India
“Awesome”
Reviewed December 31, 2015 for a stay in December 2015

The place was beautiful and was a welcome treat after a 12 hour drive. The kids simply feel in love with the place and we at home almost immediately. My 5 year old grandson wants to go back again. The view was excellent from the porch and the balcony upstairs, Raju took good care of us and help were also very good. Sachin accompanied us to Achara as we wanted to go to church and also planned out all the sightseeing spots around there. Everything was taken care by Nandita who even arranged for a christmas tree to be put up for the children. Thanks Nandita and your staff once again

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: everything
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Large groups
Jan 6, 2016
Dear Anjali. Thank you so much for a lovely review . It was pleasure having you and your beautiful family. Thanks for the tips to improvise the place I have already put them into action.Thanks again and look forward to seeing you all again.Happy new year.
depichaud...
Rishikesh, India
“Fab - A must stay place”
Reviewed August 4, 2015 for a stay in May 2015

I had driven down from Mumbai with my wife and her sister along the coast and spent a night here. The place is actually better than what it looks in the pictures.
The staff is very friendly and helpful - the whole family was in the kitchen cooking our meals. Great cooks. I drove down to the fish market in Devgad and bought lots of fish, squid, prawns etc. The staff cooked the most amazing local meal and we sat out looking at the stars and the sea over dinner.
Its a very peaceful place and love it. I visited the place once again in Aug while I was cycling from Goa to Mumbai. Its definitely one of my favourite places on the western coast.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Its a home away from home
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
Reviewed June 27, 2015 for a stay in June 2015

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
I_Amol_A
Pune, India
“Pure Bliss !!!”
Reviewed June 5, 2015 for a stay in May 2015
people found this review helpful

I hadn't done bookings on internet without a feedback and I booked this place with lot of apprehension as we were a small group with kids and bit worried on how this place will turn out to be but thought of taking a chance. We were looking for an quiet and isolated place, away from the maddening crowd and has something to play for the kids. Konkan has been my favorite destination for the simplicity around, experience nature in its original form and being a foodie !!! This place was a good 8 hours drive from Pune, we started early, something like 4:45 AM to beat the long weekend traffic and jams at tollbooths ! The drive was beautiful and we stopped only once for a quick breakfast at Kolhapur and then proceeded from there to Gaganbavda, Vaibhavwadi, Talere, Padel naka, Wada and then into Padavne.

We had little knowledge of what to expect when we hit the first view of the huge expanse of the sea - absolute white sand, clear waters and a virgin beach ! It was a picture to behold. We entered into the premises through the mango and blueberry plantations. All the initial apprehensions vanished in thin air after we entered the bungalow and welcomed by a courteous staff. We entered the porch and what we saw of the huge sea, was something that we had not experienced before. We could see absolute blue waters till the horizons, gentle winds and cluster of fishing boats that had started late night the previous day for a catch, made a complete picture. We settled down for a quick lunch, so tasty, with all the local ingredients and malvani masala. A quick afternoon nap and we proceeded along with Raju, our caretaker, to the local market where "sauda" happens for the catch on the sea. We picked up Surmai and Halwa fish and with Raju with us we were sure that we had the freshest catch ! On our way back we also picked few dozen of freshest Devgad mangoes. We rushed to the prestine beach - saw lot of turtles around. The fry fish that was prepared for dinner was so-so delicious and just melted in the mouth. We visited the local Vimleshwar temple and Devgad fort on subsequent days. We made several trips to the beach, which was just down the slope from the property and also tried our hands at fishing. The kids enjoyed every bit - the beach, the small plunge pool in the property, and the vast play area around.

3 days were over in no time but what we had experienced will forever remain etched. Mrs. Ghatge, our host, guided us all the way thru from Pune and even when we were in the property she was in touch with the caretaker to ensure that all was well with us and taken care off. Thank you Mrs. Ghatge for making our vacation one of the most memorable ones. We would definitely want to return - but this time will a one week vacation here, for sure ! 3 days we not enough to make justice to this heavenly place which a pure bliss !!!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The very experience
Liked least: Too far from Pune
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Koolmona
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
“Paradise! Rejuvenating to the core, bliss personified!”
Reviewed May 1, 2015 for a stay in May 2013

If you are looking for an absolutely peaceful abode away from the daily mundane world...this is where you go!
So I was looking for a beach vacation for some quality time with my eight year old...and my friend suggested this quiet beach house...it sounded apt as I didn't want to do the routine stuff...sightseeing shopping n all...I just wanted to be by the sea...n do nothing but spend time with my kid...when I agreed to the suggestion I had no idea that I was in for a special treat or how gorgeous can a beach stay get...pleasantly surprised n how....:)
Situated just off Devgad, the house is a view of what fairy tales are made of...ofcourse the modern day ones...I wonder how come none of the old world ones had the sea...anyways...back to the lovely beach house...
It's a very warm homey place n the welcome sets the tone...the cook asks your preference in sea food n mangoes....how you like your coffee n just how warm would the little sir(my eight year old son) like his milk...such a heartwarming break from the routine hotel services...the staff actually had a genuine n happy to have you with us smile...n then you step out on the patio...oh...the way it gets you...in front of you is miles of clean sand n blue sea...a patch of green for some contrast as well...serene is the word! Hop skip n jump...you are in the waters...privacy reaches a new dimension here...considering you are the only "guests" at the beach house...
While the sea breeze lulls you to sleep...the night sky makes up for all the citylights(in case you are missing any ;))...it's just you, the sea n the sky with all its glory...a delight for your soul n a song for your heart...that's what this place is all about :)
My son had a gala time...the refreshing long morning walks by the sea...the delicious Konkan cuisine...the afternoon naps while sketching on the verandah...the sandcastle and the sea swims...merrymaking redefines itself here...
All in all...a place to bond, rekindle n get back to being alive...no matter what you are looking for...a break or a getaway or just time off...this place meets all your requirements n much more...be it with friends or family or just you...a once in a lifetime experience at a one in a million place....
#beachvacation #beachintheKonkans #seasandnsky #seaforthesoul #experienceofalifetime #warmwelcomencomfortable #perfectgetaway #nonoise #nightskymagic #starrydelight

Traveling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing