“Awesome”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in El Astillero
Las Plumerias Lodge and Surf
Ranked #1 of 1 El Astillero B&B and Inns
Paris
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

Have been here for the first time. Well set up surf camp- pool, lounge area, books, etc. The included meals are amazing. Local seafood was incredible, I cleaned the plate even when fish was prepared, it was that good. The staff are extremely helpful and attentive. Rooms are comfortable and very clean. I was the only beginner taking lessons at the time and my lessons were very helpful, great feedback. This surf camp is definitely on the short list of ones I would return to over and over again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Frozen75

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Panama City, Panama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

Las Plumerias Lodge offers a complete hassle free package! Plus: friendly staff, great location, good waves, excellent food and very clean accommodations. We really enjoyed our stay and plan on coming back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Cesar15
Leuven, Vlaams-Brabant, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

Hello everyone

If you're searching for a very Nica-style, best price quality lodge with great food you have to go to the Las Plumerias Lodge. French hosts Etienne, Emeline and their team will welcome you with open arms. The surfteam with surfcoach Peyo and Lucia are stoked to find you the best waves whole day, whole week long. Martha will treath you like a king and she makes sure your lodge is perfectly clean. The swimmingpool is coming so I'll be back soon to enjoy a week of surf, sun, fun and pleasure.

Thanks to Las Plumerias for the nice trip.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Pieter835
Algorta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

Hi,

We were at las plumerias with our 2 year old daughter and our 5 year old son.
He actually turned 5 while at Las Plumerias and was offered a piñata and delicious chocolate cake for his birthday.
I will not write another (good) review about the facility as most have been said in the previous reviews.
Nicaraguan waves have been perfect to help Xan go to his next surfing level, at 5 year old he managed to go up and down the wall and almost scored a barrel in Santana beach while surrounded by pelicans.
This is the place to go to improve any kid surfing ability, please look at the pictures.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Aix-les-Bains, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

First a very warm welcome from our extremely friendly hosts Emeline and Etienne and their team... on top of that, spacious and comfortable thatched roof bungalows, delicious and healthy (French) food, a beautiful scenery from the open air dining room overlooking the bay, great and deserted beaches (optional : baby turtles waddling to the sea according to season !) What else can you expect ? A swimming pool ? It was being built and will soon be certainly enjoyed by surfers' families.
We loved every minute of our stay in Las Plumerias and will definitely plan a new stopover there when visiting Central America ! Claude and co.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

Emile and Entinne had the most wonderful accomodations for us they recommended eerythign we wanted and helped us surf, fdo yoga, rent our own island, everything we could have imagined!! the property is absolutely amazing!! Food was fantastic i even got a few recipes from them, great surf instructors for a group of 7 new surfers.

everything was perfect! will absolutely go back again there are not enough words!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

This will be an in-depth review!
I was travelling alone, stayed for a week and opted for their surf camp package.

First of all, both Émeline and Étienne did a fantastic job of answering all of my questions via email in a timely fashion and even sent me a picture of the driver who would be picking me up at the airport.

The ride from the airport is anywhere between 1h45-2h15 depending on traffic and weather and will give you a good chance to take in the diverse scenery and multiple villages along the way.

Surfing:
As soon as I arrived, I was asked if I wanted to go for an afternoon surfing session with Didier, one of their instructors. What more could you ask for?

The coaching was all-around excellent. Tailored to my level and Didier and Étienne never put me in a conditions which were above my skills.

Most spots are 15-25 mins away (car+walking on the beach), there are either deserted (e.g. El Astillero) or with very few surfers (e.g. Popoyo) at least in January.
The locals are quite friendly and there isn't any hostility towards the tourists.

Food:
Martha and Gladis are the two chefs, who make 3 excellent meals per day, using local ingredients purchased from the fishing village nearby.
Over the course of my 7 days, I did not eat the same meal twice!
Émeline and Étienne are very open to suggestions and would eagerly satisfy my cravings for schrimps and lobster. So don't be afraid to make requests.
There is always freshly pressed fruits juice (passion fruit, miam!)
Unlimited drinks (sodas, beer, wine, fruit juices)
If you're starving between meals, they chefs will be happy to fix you a little something.

Rooms:
Very very spacious, you get your own bungalow with 2 double beds and with mosquito nets.
Big shower.
Environment friendly toilet.
You do your business then fill up the bowl with sawdust. There is absolutely no residual smell.
You have your own hammock and a rocking chair right in front.
I slept like a baby.

Grounds:
Beautiful landscaping! It's so hot during the day, that you'ill want to stay under the shade in a hammock, nap or read, or simply take in the scenery.
This is a gated property, with at least 1 security guard 24 hours a day. (Lester and Marlon)
I was told that even though the region is safe, since every hotel/resort/camp had a security guard, the owners also felt that they should do the same.

City:
The closest city, El Astillero, is a poor fishing village.
There are no clubs/bars.

Overall it was a fantastic trip and I was treated like a king.
I'd recommend Las Plumerias whether you're travelling alone, with a partner, friend, kids and whether or not your surf.
I'm eagerly looking towards going back for another week in paradise.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Buena Onda Beach Resort
Soma Surf Resort
Soma Surf Resort
#1 of 11 in Popoyo

Been to Las Plumerias Lodge and Surf? Share your experiences!