The setting of the lodge is really gorgeous. Monkeys routinely come down into the elevated walkways and there is a tapir in a large pen. Bird life is abundant. When we arrived most guests were sport fishermen. Because of a full moon, the fishing wasn't good. The lodge has wonderful old newspaper pages in frames on the walls so one gets a great sense of the extraordinary history of Greytown. For those not part of a group, I suggest you must be very pro-active about seeking help for going bird watching, kayaking or whatever. Otherwise it may not happen. I'd definitely return in the future. Some of the fellow guests were not thrilled by the food but I thought it quite good. One night they served huge river langostas that were exquisite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Rio Indio Lodge embraces a perfect balance between comfort and adventure. Over 5 million dollars were spent in bringing to life this Ecological and Sport Fishing Resort. Just minutes away from the Costa Rican and southern Nicaraguan border this lost paradise is located in the Rio Maiz National Park, a vast area filled with history, virgin jungles and wildlife and some of the best fishing imaginable. Elevated walkways set in the jungle unite the surrounding nature with our cottages, main lodge, gourmet restaurant, swimming pool and bar, bringing you close to nature with all the amenities of a four star lodge. A total of 27 comfortable double suites blends perfectly with the natural wild surroundings.Enjoy our spacious and private 2-bed suites, each apportioned with comfortable king or queen beds, ornately tiled bathrooms with hot water showers and a large screened-in porch. All of our facilities are crafted using only the finest hard woods and are built to exacting standards. Our goal is to ensure your maximum comfort and satisfaction in every aspect of your visit. Come explore exotic Fishing, Birding, Hiking and Kayak Tours. Our guided tours will allow you to discover all that’s hidden in this great universe of wildlife creating memories to last a lifetime. Or, just lounge around our unique infinity pool, which offers fantastic views of our perfectly manicured gardens and Captain Morgan’s Lagoon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Rio Indio Adventure Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rio Indio Adventure Hotel Indio Maiz Biological Reserve
- Rio Indio Adventure Lodge Nicaragua/Indio Maiz Biological Reserve