Open today: 8:00 AM - 6:30 PM
Review Highlights
Bounce Below, worth it!

Fantastic Experience! An hours worth of pure childish fun. We initially started our day doing the... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
V6952TNdaniellec
Kent, United Kingdom
via mobile
Zipworld Titan - great!

jimmybM8594ZL
via mobile

2,599 results
All reviews great fun an hour zip world different levels vending machine hard work all ages safety talk boiler suit long sleeves unique experience health and safety scared of heights year old daughter the staff were great time slot book in advance
Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

Fantastic Experience! An hours worth of pure childish fun.

We initially started our day doing the slate mine adventure, and ended our day with bounce below, which did not disappoint.

Be prepared to be exhausted!

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Great experience. V capable and friendly staff and the 2 zip lines are both enjoyable and with good views and quite fast!

Zip World T, Social Media Executive at Zip World Slate Caverns, responded to this reviewResponded 5 days ago

Many thanks for the great review!
We're pleased to hear our excellent team impressed you during your visit, we take a huge amount of pride in our customer service.
We agree, the views from Bravo and Charlie are incredible, you'll have to join us again in the summer when Alpha is open too!
Hopefully we'll see you again in the future,
Many thanks,
Marni

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Spent an hour below ground on these amazing trampolines strung out across the former slate mines.
Only 8 degrees initially but you soon warm
up on the activity.
Good safety talk given in advance. Children loved the whole event.
Nice cafe for refreshments afterwards and plenty of free parking.

Zip World T, Adventure Booking Centre at Zip World Slate Caverns, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hello there,

Thank you for your brilliant review.

We are so pleased to hear that you had great fun on our Bounce Below adventure at Zip World Slate Caverns.

If you enjoyed Bounce Below we would highly recommend trying the Titan zip wire adventure which is also at Slate Caverns.

Reviewed 1 week ago

We'd originally booked for the big zip line but due to weather it was cancelled, the sale adviser was helpful in changing the activities for another option. The caverns are a great unique experience that should be tried.

Hello there Simon,

Thank you for your review.

We are so pleased to hear that you had a great time participating on the Caverns adventure at our Slate Caverns site.
It is an excellent activity for those bad weather days.

We hope to see you visiting us again soon and maybe next time the weather will allow you to finally experience our incredible zip wire adventures!

Reviewed 1 week ago

Oh my god I can not describe how fun this was!! I came across this website luckily and booked it for my birthdays bday. It was worth every penny!! I was very nervous about doing this as the heights are ridiculous but it makes it all the more fun! They have music playing and different coloured lights to make it ace! There are 11 zip wires all are great! The training at the beginning was very well explained and done by a guy called Dion for my group and he was fab. Then you are let loose on your own! I dressed in a hoody and jeans and that was enough to wear without being too cold or too hot so i recommend not to layer up as you are very active. Want to come back and do it all again.

Hello there Suzanne,

Thank you for your review and recommendation!

We are so pleased to hear that you had a great time participating on Caverns underground zip wire adventure at our Slate Caverns site.
Congratulations on completing the course despite feeling nervous to begin with.

We will be sure to pass the excellent feedback on to our team on site.

If you enjoyed the Caverns adventure we would highly recommend trying the Titan zip wire adventure which is also at Slate Caverns.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We booked this slate caverns activity whilst on holiday along with other Zip World activities detailed in other reviews. We were given a helmet, free gloves, and all the climbing equipment, harness etc. We were given training in how to use the equipment which was very thorough, and then we all had a go on the short training cavern wall area where we could practice clipping and unclipping safely, climbing and doing a few zip wires. When the instructor was happy we were safe, and we were happy, we moved on to the actual experience in the caverns unsupervised. We navigated through dark caves (monster sized ones), and did 11 zip wires, zipping across the caverns and back, and also loads of assault course type obstacles. Think Go Ape or a High Ropes course but underground and a thousand times better! There was also intermittent coloured lighting and music to enhance the atmosphere. This experience lasted just over 3 hours and we shattered by the end of it but it was so much fun and so memorable, it was well worth every penny. Although it was a bit cool at first, we had dressed up in warm clothing with hats and winter coats and we were sweating profusely after an hour. If I did it again, I wouldn't wear so many clothes! Safety was paramount at all times, instructors were professional and helpful and I'd recommend it to everyone!
NB, if you go with a dog, dogs are allowed within the grounds of the attraction but obviously not on the underground course.

Hello there Tanya,

Thank you for your fantastic review.

We are so pleased to hear that you felt the Caverns underground zip wire adventure course at our Slate Caverns site was the most amazing activity you've ever done!
Yes that is right, dogs are allowed on site but unfortunately not underground, however we do have a pet sitting service based on site. For more information please contact 01248 601444.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My family and I were here today (1/11/18) on the "Slate Mountain Adventure", a combination of the quarry explorer tour and the deep mine tour. We were able to take our little dog with us on the outdoor leg of the tour and there were excellent facilities at which to leave her when going into the mine. Thank you to the staff who took care of her they were lovely. We had the wonderful Bryn Hughes as our guide for the day. He was very knowledgeable and really brought the history of the place to life - and he makes a lovely hot chocolate. The light show at the end was beautiful. I would highly recommend this activity as we all had an amazing time here.

Thank you for your review.

We are pleased to hear that you had a fantastic day out whilst visiting Zip World Slate Caverns.

The tour is run by Lechwedd Slate, who we run alongside but we hope to see you visiting our Slate Caverns site again and maybe trying out one of Zip World's adventures!

Katie

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

A really interesting insight into the slate mines. Our guide (Brian I think) was informative and fun. Fab tour.

Thank you for your review.

We are pleased to hear that you had a fab tour whilst visiting Zip World Slate Caverns.

Katie

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Oh my goodness what an experience!! I didn’t really know what was in store and I was not disappointed!! I bought this for my boyfriend as a birthday present and thought it looked like an underground go ape.. it was 1000times better!! After getting kitted up in ur harness and doing the training we were sent on our way. I hate heights and was very scared at the start but as soon as I get around the wall and on to the many zip wires the adrenaline kicked in and we both had a fantastic time!! I didn’t do the challenge at the end I drew the line there but it was definitely good value for money!!

Hello there Claire,

Thank you for your brilliant review.

We are so pleased to hear that you had a great time participating on the Caverns underground zip wire adventure at our Slate Caverns site.
What a fantastic birthday gift!

Congratulations on completing the adventure despite feeling apprehensive to begin with.

If you enjoyed Caverns we would highly recommend trying the Velocity zip wire adventure at our Penrhyn Quarry site, it is the longest zip wire in Europe and the fastest in the world!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

What can I say other than WOW.
I was bought the Titan Zip Wire experience as a 60th birthday present.
I suffer very badly with MS and can hardly walk.
The General Manager Owain Miller and his team were fantastic.
As this was a present, I knew nothing about the booking until I opened the voucher, however, my friends who booked it, say that the booking team were on the ball and recommended the right experience to suit my disability.
Owain, looked after me right from the start and took my wife, who was also flying with me, along with the friends who bought the gift for me and spectated, in a 4x4 vehicle and stayed with us for the couple of hours or so my experience lasted.
The whole team made my day and my birthday.
Do not let a disability get in your way...Get out there and do things.
One very happy bunny.

Hello there Noel,

Thank you for taking time to write such an excellent review.

Happy belated 60th Birthday!
We are so pleased to hear that you had a fantastic time participating on our Titan zip wire at Zip World Slate Caverns. What a fantastic birthday present!

We will be sure to pass the feedback on to our brilliant team on site.