Gwesty Ty Gorsaf Hotel
$122
Royal Goat Hotel(Beddgelert)
$106
Bryn Tyrch Inn(Capel Curig)
$122
$100
Hotels.com
Castell Deudraeth(Portmeirion)
Hotel Portmeirion(Portmeirion)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsnew managementafter reading some of the reviewsgroupon offerpublic car parkfresh towelscomfy bedmount snowdonsteam trainvisiting the areaa lovely staysnowdoniamines
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel for my girlfriend and I for a weekend climbing snowdon for one night. Good points - Price was reasonable including breakfast, picturesque location and a decent room. Bad points - Staff were extremely rude and couldn't have made it more clear that we were a nuisance while having dinner. Food was average to poor quality and hotel information given was non existent.

This hotel has good potential but it is totally let down by rude staff and I got the distinct impression that staff have no specific job role and are therefore expected to perform all hotel tasks. The management must address this issue surely? I won't be spending my money returning to a hotel to be greeted by rude staff again nor will I recommend it to anyone wishing to visit this lovely part of the world.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Me and my partner stayed here and what can I say from start to finish it was the worst experience I have had in a long time. First of all we came to check in and there was no receptionist. Then had to go to the bar and ask for some1 to check us in. (The girls who served us was very nice) she then showed us to our room and there was some1 else's stuff in there. The young girl replied THE CHEF HAS BEEN STAYING IN HERE! so as I walked back down to the reception to get our stuff she started cleaning up. We then went to the bar and got 2 vodka and cokes they came to £6. We then went back later for 2 more they charged us £5.55. Which I was confused by so went again and got 2 more the price had changed to £5.25. As it was a group on customer we got dinner included which on the table there was no salt or pepper and then when the food came my partners steak and ale pie was burnt and there was hardly any meat in it and then it was served with what looked like smash. I had the lasagne which was tasteless and served with oven chips. We were booked in for 4 days and this was only the first day. In the end we decided to walk out of the hotel and find somewhere different as I would not recommend this place to any1. If we were to come back I think a lot would need to change I don't think it will.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Albert1256
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

I booked by phone and the staff were very accommodating as I was very late arriving. The room was lovely, clean and well equipped. The breakfast was excellent and very nicely presented. Blaenau Ffestiniog is a charming little town. Diolch yn fawr am y croeso.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 5, 2014

This hotel accepts dogs, but dog owners beware!! I was very disappointed by the hotel, that it did not allow dogs in the bar area. I perfectly understand that they are not allowed in the restaurant, but the bar area! When I questioned this and asked where we would be able to sit and have a drink / dinner I was told that we would have to dine in the reception area on a small table in the bay window of the reception, or leave the dog in the room. As the reception area was so cold and not at all pleasurable to sit and have drinks (I sat in my gilet all night!!), we took our dog to the room while we had dinner. Our dog is very well behaved so we knew she would not trash the room, this cannot be said about all dogs who may get distressed been left in a strange room!!
The room itself was basic, but the bed was very uncomfy, you could feel the springs underneath your back as you slept!
The 1st morning for breakfast we were allowed in the bar area with the dog, but were not offered cereal or juice. The 2nd morning the table wasnt available in the bar area, so we left the dog in the room again, and headed down to the restaurant. Staff were not the most helpful, we had to ask for cups of tea after been seated 15 minutes! Breakfast was average, and although mushrooms were requested, neither of us received them!! As the staff were not very friendly I didnt want to ask for them.
In the middle of the night you could hear the locals kicking bollards around and shouting. This is not a fault of the hotel, granted, but the local youngsters!

Room Tip: Do not go f you want a friendly, dog friendly hotel!!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank danniskeels
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We stayed here on a Groupon deal. The staff seemed to be jack of all trades working on reception then the bar but they were all friendly. We had room 6, where to start although it was a big it did need an update. There was a large old wardrobe with 1 drawer at the bottom and that was it for storage except for a tiny drawer on the bedside cabinet. The bathroom was big but there was a shortage of space to put your toiletries only 1 small glass shelf. A good point was the tea making facilities in the room. No complaints about the food or the service. The bar area felt more like a local pub but this didn't bother us and the bar prices were acceptable. The town itself felt dismal being surrounded by old slate spoils it didn't help because it rained for most of our stay.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back have better views and top floor is quieter
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends