“Budget world cinema nights-what an experience!”
Review of Cellb

Cellb
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Art Center - Cinema - restaurant - hostel - bar
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Came here one evening romantically with the wife, as she had seen locally posters advertising world cinema nights. The film showing was 'buena vista social club' which i had never seen. As we walked through the door we were greeted by a young lady who gave me a cuban cigar as a celebration of cuban culture, and they had gone to the trouble of decorating the bar area in cuban colours and culture to add to the experience. We payed £5 to enter, what i didnt realize is that our food was included in the price too! I could understand why it was full of people. It was a light bite as such but a full plate of it and really nice. my wife really enjoyed herself sipping mojitos and watching the film on a comfy deck chair and i just couldnt believe that this was hapening locally.

I do believe that these cinema evenings happen mainly in the winter, checking the web site might be a good idea before hand.

2  Thank localboy25
There are newer reviews for Cellb

Reviewed June 6, 2012

When I visited a few months ago I was a little intrigued by the quirkeyness of the Cell so one of the owners went out of her way to give us a little guided tour - and the place is amazing. It's an old town courthouse, and it's named 'Cell' (which has the same meaning in Welsh and English but with different pronounciations) because of the many cells it had to house the old criminals. These original features are a big part of the building's attraction and the upstairs part is a cool cafe-bar. Probably the best choice of niche beers and spirits you'll ever see in rural North Wales!

From the posters I saw they get good local and global artists there regularly. I didn't get a chance to see any live music acts myself but the cream and jam scone made up for this! If you want to impress the staff, you can say 'Reu dy sgonsan'. No idea what it means

3  Thank myrfos