“Came back twice so that says it all”
Review of Fukuzushi

Fukuzushi
Ranked #7 of 170 Restaurants in Furano
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We came for lunch the first time and there were only 2 of us. We sat at the counter and it was a great experience. Usually my husband feels hungry even after a biggish Japanese meal but Fukuzushi serves big sized sushi (or small if you wish but the small is still quite big so the big is huge). He left feeling so full that even the yummy fried chicken had to be taken back to the hotel. It was still very nice eating it cold.

We came back at 6pm for dinner the next evening without a reservation and had to wait for an hour! Suggest you book or at least come at 5.30pm? Usually my hubby would not bother waiting or queuing for any restaurant but this time he did.

He ordered the number 1 dish again. I had the number 2 and 10. We also ordered sushi roll with octopus (specially requested) and the seafood skewers. The meal comes with free green tea and miso soup. They are also very generous with the ginger.

The seafood is very fresh. The prices are very reasonable for such fresh and huge servings. All the chef and staff are just so wonderful. It makes the dining experience very special and memorable.

We were staying at the Natulux so it was only behind the hotel - very likely for us. Others came from the ski slopes. I would definitely come back here again and have no hesitations at all in recommending this place - in fact I would suggest you do come here and if you didn't, you would be sorry.

1  Thank Tweetcoz

Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

As Aussie visitors we had a tasty meal of sushi and mixed Japanese dishes here. A genuinely good meal without being amazing.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

My wife and me were here in Sept 2013. After a day roaming Furano and Biei we were hungry. Many interesting Japanese foods crossed our minds but we decided on FUKUSUSHI. we were attracted by their GIANT Sushu advertisement.
it was dark by the time to reach and it is not difficult to locate the restaurant. We were greeted with warm cheerful staffs and it was not difficult to place our order as this restaurant comes with an English Menu.
Food and enviroment is excellent. We like the place and recommend visitors to Furano not to miss out on this JEM.

1  Thank Aaron S
Reviewed October 4, 2013

For the first time in my life I tried 'jumbo sushi', which is basically sushi twice the size of normal ones. Great experience, quality is superb (as almost everywhere in Hokkaido). I'd suggest you try also regular size sushi, as well as one of the 'don' (yes, make sure you hungry when you go there!). The staff is extremely nice and very entertaining. I can't wait to go again!

2  Thank Filippo O
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Great shushi. Keeping up with the good tradition to provide customers with fresh and big pieces of sushi.