All reviews cooking facilities furano station cabin winter host bath ski
Selected filters
Reviewed September 10, 2017

I went for Hokkaido trip on January 2016 (I have to put oct 2016 coz it didnt have Jan as an option) And during my trip, Log Yukari wa the perfetc and best stay! I love everything bout this place.

It is located a bit far from public transportation (not too far actually, bout 15 min by car), and the owner can help to pick up or send us to the train station. Even tho the owner can't speak English, but he is a very warm person, friendly and helpful. He tried to communicate with us and we cant help coz we cant speak Japanese but then, we interact in our own language. Haha! He is the best!

The place itself is great. I love the cottage and the interior design. And the environment also very good, the ambience was so so great. I cant explain how grateful I am to be at this place. It's perfect. I love that I managed to experience Japanese life style.

As far as I know, ever since before and after I stay at this place, there are not many Malaysia stay at this place, but I found out that now it is one of the attraction for Malaysian to stay. To those who manage to book Log Yukari, enjoy your stay!

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed June 7, 2017

We have been stayed in this lodge for three nights. The hosts were incredibly friendly and made us feel like staying at home. You can cook your own meals and washing clothes. This place is good for exploring Furano and surrounding area. Do take note that you need a bit patience to find the road to the place.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Felix T
Reviewed February 24, 2017

If you want to escape from civilisation without missing out on the goodies like internet, washing machine etc, this is a great spot. Its some 30 odd minutes drive from Furano station. The property owner picks up guests from the station which is a great respite. The property has a few options to choose from but all are very rugged by comfy. We stayed in the 2nd floor room and it was just a room of 15 ft X 15 with windows on 2 sides and door on the 3rd side. The wilderness was literally on our backyard and at night all we could hear was the water rushing thru in the river nearby and it absolute pitch dark and in a clear sky you could see the stars clearly.

The only hassle was that the toilets were located in the dormitory area, which means you need to climb down and walk a little. The common area where the dormitories are located is quite a cosy place with comfy couch, a radio an wifi is really strong. The property also has free usage of washing machine and a well equipped kitchen. The dinning area is either in the common area or you can also sit outside which was our favourite spot. The bathing area and toilets are decent, and there is time schedule for warm water for bathing so be alert.
The best part is there was by-cycles free of charge and large numbers to choose from.

If you plan to cook, you can stock your stuff from any of the super markets in town and the bicycle is a good way to compute.

Our objective to come here was to see the Lavender gardens but somehow in the end of June 16 there was no bloom, nonetheless it was worth staying in this sleepy town.

Room tip: The room we stayed on the 2nd floor is very very basic, but if you are ready to rough it out it's worth it.
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 28, 2017 via mobile

I absolutely adored the lodge. It was cozy and had a homey feel which is unlike a 5 star hotel but is all part of its charm.

It's a tight fit for a big group, but it ended up being a really great experience. All the facilities are there, including cooking utensils.
The bathroom and shower rooms are extremely basic, but we did not notice it because we bought 500¥ onsen tickets to a close hotel. You can also purchase cheaper chair lift tickets if you are planning to ski/board!

The service is fantastic. The owner always went out of his way to cater to our needs. Driving us place to place and letting us borrow their toboggans when we did not feel like skiing.

For the price it was definitely worth the stay. I would go again!

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed January 28, 2017 via mobile

The owners here are incredibly hospitable and made my friends and I feel totally comfortable. The room was designed for 6 people but they were happy to accommodate 7 of us. The place was a little small but workable, especially when most people would spend time skiing during the days. That said, even in our down time during the day the owner happily provided us toboggans to pass the time.

It is a little inconveniently located but is made up for by top level service. The owner happily drove our group of 7 plus our gear to and from either of the furano ski areas and picked us up. He recommended us the cheapest and best option where he could and genuinely looked out for us.

I'd highly recommend any stay here - whether it be summer or winter - and I look forward to my next stay here.

Date of stay: January 2017