“Hot-air balloon and snow-mobiling”

Leisure Guide Asobiya
Ranked #14 of 37 things to do in Furano
Type: Other
Singapore
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Hot-air balloon and snow-mobiling”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Took up hot-air balloon and snow-mobiling with Asobiya.

A staff from Asobiya called me one day before my hot-air balloon ride, to inform me that they will confirm if the ride will be conducted at 6.30am the next day. I deem this gesture as a good service, so that we will not be rudely awaken by the call the next morning.

The views on the hot-air balloon was amazing. Winter landscapes viewed from above was amazing. The pilot on the flight was professional and ensured our safety was not compromised. We landed in the middle of the snow field, quite a distance away from the road where our vehicle was waiting for us. The dedicated staff on the ground ran up to us and helped in pulling the basket to the roadside. The snow was knee-deep, and boy, it must had been very tedious for them. I applaud the Japanese staff for their pride in their job.

The snow-mobiling as conducted at an open area, which was a golf course in summer. Though the guide spoke minimal English, she tried her best communicating to us using the English translations that were in her mobile phone. being first-timers, she was very concerned with our safety, and slowed down to ensure that we were able to catch up with her. Once she was ensured that we were comfortable with the vehicle, she picked up speed again.

I had a good time with Asobiya. Though the prices may be steep (I reckon such activities in Hokkaido do not come cheap either), dedicated services were rendered by the staff, and I know I am in good hands as they are very concerned about our safety.

Visited December 2013

• Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Family Rafting & Buggy rides”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

My family comprising 3 generations (aged 8 to 70) went on the family rafting session down Sorachi River. It was a fun activity and everyone agreed it was the highlight of the entire trip to Hokkaido this summer. The guides assigned to us spoke English and the instructor (Gupta from Nepal) was professional and safety was uppermost in his mind. He gave my children fantastic experiences during the session and even got them to brave the cold water by encouraging them to swim in the river. My kids also tried the buggy ride, but as it rained just before we arrived in Furano, they got to try out the kids course. It would have been better to let them do the adult course which covered some terrain instead of just going round a track. In all, we will go back to them again, hopefully in winter to try the snow rafts.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank The_Lims_10
Sydney, Australia
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Get Active!”
Reviewed February 8, 2012

Our girls (15 & 13) tried the winter parasailing behind a snowmobile and thought it was thrilling and fun. The guys were clearly experienced and took safety very seriously while still clearly enjoying the fun of it. English was sufficient to convey instructions in a safe and fun way.

Visited January 2012