“interesting curry”

Cuisines: Japanese
Singapore, Singapore
“interesting curry”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

The restaurant is housed in a wooden structure, not sure if I should call it a building even. It's not exactly located near the road pavement as it is tucked inside the darkness, when we tried looking for it at night. It's a short 5 minute walk from Furano JR Station, cut across the carpark in front of the station, cross one road junction, walk for one block and we were there.

Now about the food, the curry as a deep herby/spiced flavour, very much different from the sweet Japanese curry that we had tried. The taste was a refreshing change and it went very well with the fluffy rice and preserved veggie side dish. Our personal favourites were the omucurry rice and hamburg curry rice. So good, we went there 3 times in a row and were recognized by the staff in the end. This place closes at 9pm and last order is 8:30pm.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Travel0gic

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore
“Good curry rice”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We droved and almost missed the restaurant as it is not a typical shop and rather dark at night. But we were lucky and I (the passenger) spotted the dimly lighted place. The restaurant is pretty small and rustic (hip? retro?), just a few tables in a log type cabin. We were there rather early (6pm) and during off season so not a problem to get a small table for my family, though the place filled up not long after we came. The curry rice were rather different and unique (I believe due to the saffron ingredient which is not commonly used in Japanese curry?)...but we enjoyed the food and the price is pretty cheap. We would return again.

• Visited March 2014
singapore
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice food...”
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

I am not a fan of curry but since its recommended I must try.
I tried the homemade sausage n the curry chicken.
I must say the curry is nice.
The chicken is very tender.
The staff very helpful.
You can ask for english menu.

• Visited April 2014
Singapore, Singapore
“Probably the Best Curry in Hokkaido”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

This is one of the best curry rice I ever ate in Hokkaido. The black curry is just so perfact and we order a, the Beef tongue is mega good and so is the Deer Meat. The ambiance is so special as it is in a tree house. The boss is so kind to sell me the curry paste so cook for my family.

• Visited October 2013
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
“A Tree Restaurant”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Talk about a restaurant under a tree. We chanced upon this restaurant through our GPS, parking our car in front of a bakery(next to the the restaurant) and saw this little signage at the entrance of the car park.We were curious to see so many people going into the restaurant and thought it must be good. We guess it must had gained a reputation as we noticed that most of the patrons were locals. We were fortunate to get a seat in front of the counter as the table was just vacated. And service was great as one of their chefs, a young Turkish guy(English speaking) came up to attend to our order. I went for their house best seller; pork sausage(spicy) curry rice served with steamed corn and pumpkin and thought it was delicious..the sausages were equivalent to the german bratwurst. The place is very much like our local mamak teh-tarik stall. Highly recommended if you crave for local curry food as you don't really get to find curries in Japan.

• Visited September 2013