“Minden's number 1 spot to eat.”

Village Chalet Family
Ranked #12 of 27 Restaurants in Minden
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 11, 2012

This is where the locals go. Fun friendly atmosphere, cute waitresses, value for money. the food is fabulous. I especially like the Village Special, pancakes, eggs, toast, bacon,and sausage. I think I paid under 10. The service was terrific, free refills on coffee. fast efficient service. TV's and puzzles to keep you entertained while you wait for your food. I will definitely return time and time again. (Oh yeah my family likes it here too)

1  Thank flyaway987

Reviewed March 27, 2012

After a sunday walk in the park we decided to stop in at the Chalet as it was the only restaurant open.
We ordered dessert first while they prepared our chicken dinners.
The lemon meringue pie and the coconut cream pie were good.
The half chicken dinners well we weren't happy with the quality or taste and just paid and left dissapointed.
The tripadvisor sign of 2011 made me feel safe with my choice and i am wondering if its because it was sunday evening and the food was stale. The mashed potatoes had an odour and the chicken was so dry...must have been cooked awhile back.
The service was great.
The nachos mediocre. not enough cheese.

Reviewed February 11, 2012

We had breakfast here twice while in Minden. The first day the food was okay but the second day, somehow it was amazing! Customer service is okay but they do get the job done. The decor is outdated but I still find it cute.

Tip: Have the village potatoes instead of regular potatoes-- they are way better! It's worth the extra buck or so.

Reviewed December 31, 2011

Real honest family food, excellent & fast service, cozy place. Good price. And they serve real meat!

Reviewed December 16, 2011

My daughter and I are regulars of the Village Chalet, going usually about once a month and sometimes more. Like pretty much anywhere, there are mostly ups with a cpl downs.

Pros: the menu is varied without being boring and it's good solid fare. The liver and onions is a favourite of mine, as is the steak, but my budget usually runs to a burger. The staff is genuinely welcoming and friendly and great with kids. The bathrooms - two sets! - are clean. There are three levels - the diner section (small tables, suitable for parties of 2-4) is right up with the check-out and it's fun to see regulars walking behind the counter to serve themselves a cup of coffee or, occasionally, even help out when there's a crush (which is there often is!).

The dinner level (bigger tables, more suited to larger parties) is through a doorway to the right; you can eat at a more unhurried pace there. When the local police, EMS, and walking club have lunch, this is where you'll find them.

Through the dinner section, you'll find the banquet room - more formally decorated and suitable for things like receptions and banquets.

These are not hard-and-fast rules - if the diner's full, just sit down anywhere you find an open table.

Cons: the décor. ouch. it's not "bad" but it is seriously dated. Time, too, can be a factor - I've had my liver and onion appear before i could finish my coffee and i've had to wait half an hour for an order of garlic bread.