“My Haven in Cottage Country” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tall Pines Housekeeping Cottages

Tall Pines Housekeeping Cottages
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Minden
Tall Pines Housekeeping Cottages
Georgetown, Canada
“My Haven in Cottage Country”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

Love this place! The cottage was spotless, the grounds are beautiful, tons of fun on the deck, beach and the games room! Our hosts Lori and Rob were awesome, made you feel like you were long time friends not just customers. Definately recommend Tall Pines. We already booked a ATV weekend with them, and will probably come back for snowmobiling.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Lynn H

Couples
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Tilbury
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2012

My family has been vacationing at Tall Pines foe the past 3 yrs, and I have to say that comment like bed bugs, and no hosts really upsets me. I have NEVER encountered any of this. My family returns yearly because after our first visit the hosts Lori & Rob greeted us and gave us a tour of the grounds along with showing us the trails to take with our ATV. What is great about that is you leave from the driveway and no hauling to get to the trails. When we need extra groceries we drive 10 min to Minden and we also do some shopping as well. Everything you need is in your cottage which is nice so that that you don't have to pack as much. Our 16yr old daughter loves going here, she loves to swim, fish and play in the games room and has met some incredible friends over the yrs, that she still talks to. Every year we bring our dog and she loves the place, she swims in the lake, and we take her for long walks down by the lake daily. I recommended this place to all my family and friends and I recommend it for you as well. Because Lori & Rob were such great hosts my family will continue to visit here yearly- I hope to see you there.

Room Tip: Any cottage you choose is a good one!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Meka C
Georgetown, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

I read the reviews and I must say I was very shocked at all the negativity. Myself and my family have been coming to Tall Pines every summer for the past 5 yrs. We are excited about visiting again this July....which will be our sixth time there. We have never once had experienced any bedbug issues nor have we witness any inappropriate behaviour or any smoking of any pot. The comment about the busy road to cross to the beach actually my us laugh....you rarely see any cars. The community fire pit yes there is only one ....we should be thankful that we can even have a fire at all. Plus the fact of lack of privacy....well my thoughts about taking a vacation is to relax have fun and well hopefully meet new people. If you want that much privacy stay home and have your vacation in your own back yard. The hosts Rob and Lori are excellent and we have become quite found of them...We will continue to make Tall Pines our summer vacation spot hopefully for many yrs to come...Thanks Rob and Lori for all you do and keep up the good work....See you in a few months.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Oakville
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2011

I just came back from a week from Tall Pines. Although the cottage was spotless and clean (although the toaster only toasts one side of your bread & well the coffee pot took 1/2 hr to brew) I was disapointed that the games room was unfininshed....air hockey table not working. Beach was small but clean and water was fine but floating dock had no ladder. Hosts? Oh I wasn't aware that there were any as they didn't come by ONCE to ask if we needed anything or replace the toaster that we told them was not working. The "ghetto" playground was in much need of repair and lots of safety hazards if you have children. If you just want to get away and relax in peace with not much to do then this would be the place ....but definately would not recommend for a "family" getaway.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Jenny B
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2010

We just completed another week stay at this fantastic cottage resort with great disapointment that it came to an end . Our gracious hosts , Rob & Lori Horner did everything one could ask to make this family trip up north a rousing sucess for all . The cottages are clean , comfortable and fully equipped with all the emenities one could need . The resort is beautifully maintained and the beach area , boat house deck are one of the nicest swim areas and sunning spots I have encountered in my 47 years of going into Northern Ontario .The water in Twelve Mile Lake is crystal clear and the temperature is very warm and inviting even for the most fickle of swimmers. The area has great fishing , golfing ( Blairhampton ), boating and restaurants ( That Place & The Mill Pond ) all within minutes of this fantastic resort . Whether you want to relax with a good book or enjoy many of the great activities available at this wonderful resort this is the place for you .

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank TorontoLips
Also consider these accommodations in or near Minden
Heather Lodge
Lakeview Motel
Lakeview Motel
#2 of 9 in Haliburton
Pinestone Resort and Conference Centre

Been to Tall Pines Housekeeping Cottages? Share your experiences!