Agia Maria Inn & Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$78
Lakeview Motel(Haliburton)(Great Value!)
$116
Road 121 Motel(Fenelon Falls)
$54
Bonnie View Inn(Haliburton)
Halimar Resort(Haliburton)
TripAdvisor
Little Hawk Resort & Marina(Algonquin Highlands)
  • Beachfront
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We just came back after the weekend and I'm really exited to share our great experience
We stayed for couple nights in one of the luxury suites the owner and his wife were very helpful, friendly and had excellent professional customer’s services skills.
Our Queen bed was clean and comfort with a romantic touch beside the fire place.
We went for a canoe trip in the river about 25 min. to downtown Minden for ice cream and we love it; our way back was more fun as we stopped for fishing and I actually had my first catch in my life:) an average size bass
We were really surprised and amazed with the internet speed, the fancy double Jacuzzi, and the service we had in a hidden place right on the river away from the city.

We booked again and we will return back to enjoy the fall colors.

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the motel suites, if you want a rustic, low budget room stay in the inn however you will have a balcony right on the river.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We just needed a place to stay for one night while we were visiting Minden, the management was very nice and I don't want to get anybody in trouble....but:

1. no fitted sheet - there was an extremely uncomfortable mattress, on top of it was a dingy mattress cover, then a flat sheet, then a blanket. I'm not sure if this is just the way they do things or if somebody made a mistake.
2. we were given one towel and one bath mat, not even a face cloth!
3. The toilet was running all night
4. Pillows were flat as pancakes, I am suffering through a sore neck as I write this
5. the coffee grounds from the previous guests were never emptied
6. there was no creamer in the room for the coffee, only sugar

I feel bad submitting this review as the couple running it were very friendly, but they need to hire some decent staff.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Patrice G, Manager at Agia Maria Inn & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2014

As new manager, please trust me that things that you experienced will never happen again here. I am so sorry for your experience here and hope you return someday to experience the positive changes being made.
Patrice Gibson - Manager

Reviewed June 18, 2013

My wife and I were very pleased with the hospitality here - we were shown around the entire facilities on arrival. We had the luxury B room, and it was quite nice. The fireplace and Jacuzzi added a nice romantic touch and it was pretty spacious. The only criticism would be the older beds, but they were still fairly comfortable. It is our understanding that the resort was purchased by new management a few years back and is still making improvements.

Another nice thing about this place is that they have a very thought-out breakfast in the morning. They had all sorts of cereal, yoghurt, toast, buns, juice, etc.

Overall, very nice stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Daniel H
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I was heading up to Haliburton Forest and decided to go a night early and stay to at this resort. I am not sure how they can market themselves as a 4 season resort, because I would never stay there in the winter again.

The resort is at the end of a dead end street, since we were driving up in the middle of a snow storm we understood the roads not being plowed at that time, but we were told by Mike upon our arrival that it would be plowed when we left in the morning, when we checked out in the morning the road was certainly not plowed and we were told by Norma that the plow hardly ever comes to the end...luckily Mike had already left and we had tracks to follow or we would have been stuck.

The room was large and clean, and since we had a suite that had a kitchenette it was well stocked. Mike was friendly and accommodating and got us any little thing we needed (like a bottle opener). The one thing that made me really uncomfortable was the fact that there we multiple entrances into the room, The main, a door adjoining to the next room, and a back one the led to a dark hallway that had back doors to all rooms. The front and back door had flimsy locks. Maybe I have seen 1 to many scary movies, but that mixed with the fact that we were the only ones there gave the place a very eerie feel to it.

The thing that was the most upsetting is that when we booked the room through booking.com we were told that breakfast was included in the rate, upon our arrival we were informed that the kitchen was closed for the season, but they didn't offer any sort of discount on the rate (the included breakfast was one of the reasons we chose that location).

So to recap: Mike and Norma are extremely nice people, and the room was large and clean, but since the road doesn't get plowed and the kitchen is closed in the winter, they can not really call themselves a 4 season resort.

Room Tip: Don't go in the winter
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brittany D

Hello - as the new manger 2014 I am making sure the kitchen is open all winter and the plowing is done properly. I understand the importance of all you have said and am making changes.
I am new new to the Haliburton area and realize we get a lot of snow in winter. I do not see that as an excuse to not make our guests as safe and comfortable as possible.
I do hope you come again to experience the positive changes.
Patrice Gibson - Manager

Reviewed February 18, 2013

This place is awesome! The people who manage it are simply the best!! Mike and Norma. They were helpful and friendly and went out of their way for us. The rooms are nice and have a real fireplace which was wonderful!! Most of the rooms have a jacuzzi too which was very nice :) They also have a common room to hang out in with a Pool table (fun!) and a fireplace (nice) , an air hockey game, ping pong and a few couches. We had a great time!! We went with another couple and everyone had great things to say about the place!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple