“A truly enjoyable experience that our entire family are still talking about.”

and 1 more site!
Ogopogo Resort on Mountain Lake
“A truly enjoyable experience that our entire family are still talking about.”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

This past weekend my wife and I along with 30 other members of our family attended a destination wedding in Minden Ontario.

We were very fortunate to stay at the Ogopogo Resort. All of us thought that this location would be ideal for a destination wedding.

The accommodations were very comfortable and the owners of the resort Katherine and Todd Wootton were excellent hosts and accommodated all of our needs and requests.

Without a doubt we will be definitely making a return visit to Ogopogo Resort.

Very best regards,

Steve & Joanne Marino

• Stayed September 2013
OwnerOgopogoResort, Owner at Ogopogo Resort on Mountain Lake, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Steve and Joanne,
Thank you so much for leaving such a great review so quickly after your stay. I had a fabulous time getting to know both of you as well as your extended family. I think a family tradition may easily be started here and perhaps another family reunion in the near future. Congratulations to the newlyweds!! I fully agree that Ogopogo Resort could be a fabulous setting for an intimate destination wedding and we plan to promote the opportunity in the very near future. Thank you once again for choosing our resort and we both look forward to seeing you again real soon!

Todd and Katherine

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Most definitely the best resort we've ever been to. The resort owners Katherine and Todd are warm, friendly, and helpful in everyway possible. Their son Mitch was there during our stay and went above and beyond.There is always something to do at Ogopogo weather "rain or shine". This resort is highly recommended and we can't wait to go back.

Mike and Catt

Room Tip: We stayed at the Honeymoon Studio- The cottage was tastefully done and perfect for privacy
Mike and Catt,

Thank you so much for the great review! It was great getting to know the both of you. Catt became a professional on the paddle board and Mike, I wish I had been there to see your large Catfish off the dock. FYI, I caught a ten pound fish off the dock a few days later. I couldn't believe it!! I would love to see the two of you here again real soon. So sorry that you office pulled you back into work a couple of days earlier than expected- give me a call anytime and I'll see what I can do for you!
Todd
St. Catharines, Canada
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My wife and I stayed in the Honeymoon Studio cottage over the Labour Day weekend. We could not believe its cleanliness... From the moment of our arrival Katherine and "Toddy" greeted us and treated us as if we were family. When we looked at the pictures on the website, we remarked that the TV looked a little dated, Todd had told us that new ones had been installed, but he was awaiting delivery for the Honeymoon Studio. Upon arrival, he had not only installed and rewired the cottage for a brand new flat screen LCD, but set it to a nice smooth jazz "Galaxy" station --- mind you we were not there to watch TV, given the gorgeous scenery to behold, but it could sure come in handy on a rainy or blustery day. What a way to enter into accomodations for a stay.The lake was pristine, and comfortable for swimming. My wife loved using the resort's stand-up paddle board, a personal highlight for her. I loved the fishing, as we were able to find many active spots to keep the rods busy. Todd and Katherine have really gone the extra mile to make this place one of the best. Many times we have cottaged, but never before have we felt "home". Not so here. It did feel just like that.
While many cottages and resorts say they welcome feedback, this is a place that not only asks for it, but acts on it.
As we travelled on Labour Day weekend, alone, we hope to be able to share such a special place with our children in the near future and through the years to come.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hey now!! Only my closest friends and family get to call me "Toddy"..so welcome to the family!! I am so glad that our resort offered you both the experience that you needed. i enjoyed the conversations and truly understood your need to "get away" for a while. I certainly hope that you will join us again this summer with the kids and start that tradition that you mention. As I have mentioned in other responses, we purchased this resort because we wanted families to enjoy the same wonderful " cottage" memories and traditions that we were so lucky to have experienced with our family. Once again, thanks so much for the kind words and we hope to see you again very soon!

Todd
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My wife and I spent this last week of August at the Ogopogo with our adult children and all agreed it was one of the best vacations we have had. Rented one of the 2 bedroom units and used the pull out couch. Cottage was very modern, clean and had everything one would need. Lots of kayaks, canoes, paddleboats that we used to explore Mountain Lake which was clean, warm and quieter than most area lakes. Lots of time spent just chilling out in one of the many muskoka chairs or floating around the lake. The new owners Todd and Katherine go out of their way to make sure people are looked after. A great spot for a family or a couple.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
I think your family was able to enjoy the best that this resort had to offer! You chose a week just as all the small kids were getting ready for back to school and had some of the best weather of the summer. The lake was quiet and the atmosphere so calm and relaxing. as this is our first year as new owners of the resort, I am also getting to soak in all of the different experiences here at the resort from the busier and more lively summer with so much to do and now into this quieter and very peaceful setting that Mountain lake has to offer. I can't wait for the " Fall Colours as the Mountain will come alive!! Thank you for the great endorsement and I look forward to seeing your family again next year..or sooner!
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We went last year and this year was so much better! Todd and Katherine have done so much work to the resort. The cabins are always very clean. All new cutlery, dishes, flat screen tv's with satellite.
The fishing was excellent, nightly bond fires. The best part was that the owners were actually there! Anything we needed was no problem at all.
It is a beautiful resort that is so well taken care of and our family would highly recommend!
Keep up the great work and see you next year!
James and Jami Fitzpatrick

Room Tip: Any of the cabins are excellent
James and Jami,
It is wonderful to read such a great review from a returning Ogopogo Resort guest! Katherine and I have taken so much pride in the changes to the resort that we made and I love it when it is noticed immediately. This resort is now part of our family and we always want to be proud of what we have accomplished. I can assure you that we will always do our best to keep improving and make this resort the first choice for many returning families. This fall will be a very busy one for us as we plan to build a few new ice huts and open this resort up to people looking for a truly northern winter cottage experience including tobogganing down the slopes of our property, building a large outdoor ice rink on the lake, ice huts for those that love to fish and so much more!! Thanks again. We will see you next year!!
Innisfil, Canada
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Last minute getaway before the end of the summer we ended up at the Ogopogo Resort. We had never experienced this type of resort and would highly recommend it to anyone. The cottage was very clean and was equipped with everything we needed plus. Todd and Katherine were very nice, tentative resort owners. It rained one of the days we were there but they had many games and movies to pick from to keep the kids occupied. When the sun came out it was hard to decide what to do first, canoe, stand up paddle board, great fishing, paddle boats, badminton, shuffle board, horseshoes etc. They had it all. My family didn't want to leave and felt very comfortable asking for things. The pool was clean, warm and relaxing. In the evening Todd started a fire and all the guest came out to roast marsh mellows. I would highly recommend this resort. Thank you for making our family feel at home. We will be back for sure!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the large three bedroom with loads of room for all of us set back so we could be a litt...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
OwnerOgopogoResort, Owner at Ogopogo Resort on Mountain Lake, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Thank you Shawna for your kind words. It is wonderful to hear that your family found plenty of activities to keep them all busy. We look forward to sharing many more years with your family here at Ogopogo.
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We had a wonderful experience at Ogopogo. The facilities were new, clean, and fully equipped. There were tons of fun activities to keep you busy, on the waterfront and off. Most importantly, the atmosphere at Ogopogo was warm, welcoming and relaxing. Katherine and Todd create a fun, open and laid back environment. Thanks for the amazing time Katherine and Todd! See you next summer!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
OwnerOgopogoResort, Owner at Ogopogo Resort on Mountain Lake, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thanks Hanna! Best of luck to you and Andrew at University this year! It was great fun joking around the fire and I am so glad that your short time spent with us was so enjoyable for the two of you! You have an extremely positive outlook and attitude of live in general. I know this will take you very far. It isn't very often that someone of your age would take the time to write a review. It means more than you will know and I wish you the best of success in this coming year at University! it would be wonderful to have you join us again. Thanks again. Todd
Also consider these accommodations in or near Minden
Bonnie View Inn
#1 of 2 in Eagle Lake
Red Umbrella Inn
Red Umbrella Inn
#4 of 8 in Minden

Been to Ogopogo Resort on Mountain Lake? Share your experiences!