“Very good atmosphere, good food, would recommend.”
Review of Del Borgo

Del Borgo
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Very good atmosphere, good food, would recommend.”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I liked the food , altough the taste was not something surprising , I ordered pasta so I couldnt expect much, the steak was very good , and the chips were very original! I loved the wine as well, never tasted such wine and was totally worth the 20 quit!

• Visited March 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Very average food”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Not sure why everyone rates this quite highly. It is obviously a very popular place is fairly busy but we found the Food very average although my husband had a steak and said it was quite good but our mixed anti pasta platter was uninspiring, my pasta was not wonderful and the service was average. We wouldn't go back.

Visited March 2013
Coalville, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointing, considering other glowing reviews”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

It has a pleasant atmosphere and polite and friendly staff, but my meal was very disappointing, especially in the light of these positive reviews. I had Bragioli, which is Maltese beef olives. Now I've never had it before so perhaps this is how it's supposed to be, but I found it very bland and what little flavour it had was unpleasant. It tasted like it was fried in old oil and had nothing added to impart any taste. It was doubly disappointing since the waiter had said "oh that's a very traditional Maltese dish cooked in a tomato sauce." There was no evidence of that. My wife volunteered to swap some for a share of her pork ribs, which were very nice, and she agreed totally with my opinion. When the waiter asked if I had enjoyed it I told him what I thought and he said he would pass it on, but no adjustment was made to the bill. We're in the town for a few more days, but we're certainly not going back there.

• Visited March 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good wine, doubtful pricing”
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

A cosy place with nice food and good wine, but not perfect. Service was rather slow and we had to go to the counter to ask for menu one more time. How ether, we were the only visitors and spent there quite a long tome, so it could be understood. We asked the waiter to recommend us some local wine; he told us he had some nice wine, not mentioned in the menu yet, which cost around 25€. This Gozo wine was really very good, but when we got the bill, it counted for 32€. Be ware of such unpleasant surprises.

Gloucester, United Kingdom
“What a treasure of a place.”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We were passing through Vittoriosa when my friends son complained that he was very hungry. We had picked him up from school about an hour before so I couldn't blame him.
We stopped at Del Borg and I wished I hadn't eaten earlier in the afternoon as it is the most delightful place tucked away in St Dominic Street. I had an ice cream and a coffee but I won't make that mistake again.
It's on my 'definite to visit' list for a meal next time I go to Malta.

• Visited September 2012