“The best place to stay in Malta”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of Alfie's Place

Stepping out From 'Alfie's Place' & Looking Down the Street
Alfie's Place - Gilormu Cassar Steeet By Candle Light (2nd Week End of October) Alfie's Place In The Most photographed Street
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Stepping out From 'Alfie's Place' & Looking Down the Street
Alfie's Place - Gilormu Cassar Steeet By Candle Light (2nd Week End of October)
Alfie's Place In The Most photographed Street
Eat in kitchen
Main Bedroom
Main Bedroom
Your Host - Alfred Fino
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Italian first
Spanish first
Any
JLeaLee
“The best place to stay in Malta”
Reviewed September 3, 2018 for a stay in September 2018

As an international worker I have travelled and stayed in all types of accommodation all around the world. Alfie’s place is in my top 3 stays. His passion and dedication to ensuring your stay in Malta is nothing short of amazing.
The place is situated in a beautiful part of Malta away from the hustle but close to everything you need. His place is clean and gives you that historical Maltese vibe! Alfie will give you the low down on the best eats and ideas of where to go in Malta. He also helps you work out transport which is the main thing needed if you want to get around!

We loved our stay here and would highly recommend staying here for an authentic Maltese holiday.

Sep 4, 2018
Thank you for your kind words and comments, certainly much appreciated but more than anything it's a satisfaction knowing visitors like you and your family got the most out of your stay in Malta and with me.
I certainly hope I get to see you all again the future.

super2008...
Durham, United Kingdom
“What a lovely stay at Alfie’s Place!”
Reviewed July 14, 2018 for a stay in June 2018
person found this review helpful

My husband and I have just stayed at Alfie’s Place and we had a fabulous time.

Alfie picked us up from the airport. He is very friendly and helpful and gave us a lot of information on our ride to his apartment, which was great for us. There was also a lovely welcome pack for us, tea, coffee, milk, butter, cheese, ham and bread.

The apartment has tv with lots of channels, iron, ironing board, hairdryer, washing machine, washing line, pegs and even umbrellas, thankfully we didn’t need these during our stay.

The bus and ferry service are so reasonably priced and easy to use that we travelled all over the island.
The No.2 bus you can get from the square or the ferry from the harbour.

Bars and cafes we visited in Birgu that we enjoyed was the Vittorisa Stars FC just off the square for cheap local beer and lovely food. The Maltese pizza was delicious. The Birgu cafe facing the harbour sold lovely pastries and the staff are so friendly.

Overall amazing stay at Alfie’s and would recommend. Thanks Alfie for a lovely stay and hope to see you again!

Jul 16, 2018
Thank you for such a lovely write up and kind words, much appreciated.
Always music to my ears when Visitors enjoyed their stay with me and in Malta In General.

It was Lovely getting to know you and I want to thank you for looking after the place and leaving it organised and exceptionally clean.

Enjoy The Football :) :)

Karen R
“Beautiful historic Birgu”
Reviewed July 13, 2018 for a stay in July 2018

Alfie’s Place quickly became our home away from home. A quiet haven after full and busy days of sightseeing around Malta, Birgu is quiet, charming and picturesque. We loved that the locals outnumber the tourist population so that we could experience a more authentic stay. Despite the heat, we walked everywhere. For trips further afield, we hired a car. Alfie is an outstanding host. He goes above and beyond most others. Thanks for everything. You made sure that we were totally looked after and made many things much easier for us so that we could make the most our short time in Malta. We loved our little Birgu home for the week and hopefully will return to it again in the future. We will most certainly recommend it to friends & family.

Jul 18, 2018
Thank you so much for the write up & Kind words, as always it is an absolute pleasure knowing visitors enjoyed their stay.

Thank you for staying with me and thank you for looking after the place leaving it in a VERY clean state - much appreciated.

Certainly look fwd to see you in the future.

kenfilm
Salem, Oregon
“A valued quiet retreat. . .”
Reviewed May 6, 2018 for a stay in April 2018
person found this review helpful

We joined our friends from Salem who have already reviewed Alfie's place during the last nine days of their stay. Like them, we appreciated the location, the flat and Alfie's careful attention to making our stay comfortable and pleasant. We especially appreciated the sense of retreat that Birgu offered after a day of facing crowds of other visitors, especially in Valletta. Alfie's flat in Birgu is also convenient, with good bus and ferry service that allowed us to get around the island easily, so that we did not feel at all isolated.

Finally by providing airport service at whatever hour one's plane schedule dictates, Alfie makes the one's arrival and departure both convenient and personable. We have already recommended Alfie's place warmly to a friend who expressed interest in a visit to Malta.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
May 7, 2018
Thank you so much for you kind words and it was an absolute pleasure having you all.
It is always rewarding when I read such positive comments.

Thank you ones again and hope one day I will see you all again in Malta.

May015
Salem, Oregon
“Perfect Location in Historical Birgu”
Reviewed April 29, 2018 for a stay in April 2018
people found this review helpful

My husband and I are very glad we stayed at Alfie’s in Birgu. Alfie, good hearted, genuine, helpful and welcoming. His compact apartment is accessible over stone steps polished by feet for hundreds of years The location for visiting Valletta and other locations in Malta couldn’t be better for those who use public transportation as we do. The number 2 bus stops in the square a few blocks away. Easy ferry and water taxi connections to Valletta. (You may find mosquito repellant helpful for your visit to Malta)

The neighborhood is pleasant escape after the heavily touristed streets of Valletta. We found several places to eat in Birgu. Our favorite is the Osteria.ven. A couple from Venice turn out lovely meals. To take care of needs from scotch tape to fixing a lamp do stop by the Step In on the square. The owner goes out of his way to help. A convenient, small grocery is also on the square.

The one caveat: you must be able to manage sleeping at the top of stone stairs and using the bathroom off the small kitchen below. The bathroom is great. A large shower and a washing machine.

Lovely walks in Birgu along narrow streets and along the waterfront.

Thank you, Alfie. We enjoyed our visit.

May 1, 2018
Thank you for such a great write up and kind words, always a pleasure to read visitors have enjoyed The accommodation and Malta in general.

Love to thank you for looking after the place for me and leaving it clean and well organised for me. It really is great help.

Thank you ones again and love to see you again in Malta.

MartinG60...
“Very convenient”
Reviewed April 9, 2018 for a stay in April 2018
person found this review helpful

I can recommend getting Alfie to pick you up from the airport; the guided tour of Birgu is much more useful than a taxi ride. Apartment was stocked with initial essentials (milk, bread). Note that electrical plugs are UK type, not European. Apartment is very quiet, being far from traffic, but this does mean a bit of a trek with luggage, so useful that Alfie knows how to get as close as possible. Apartment is traditional so has certain downsides as others have pointed out; ground floor has no windows so is generally dark, and a bit chilly in April, but probably welcome cool in summer.
Very close to Tal-Petut; a lovely restaurant serving good quality traditional Maltese cuisine.
Easy walk to ferry to Valletta.
In summary, good value all round.

Bowwieeee
London, United Kingdom
“Stay here every time I’m in Malta”
Reviewed April 5, 2018 for a stay in March 2018
person found this review helpful

I come to Malta quite a lot because I have a lot of family who live out there. Every time I come to Malta, I always stay here because it is central to most of my family in Birgu.
I stayed here in March with a friend of mine who had never been to the island before and he loved it.
Alfie is always helpful before, during and after my stay which is amazing.
The apartment is always clean and tidy, always has everything you need all under one roof which is perfect.

I always stay here during my trips and I shall continue to stay here. :)

Apr 6, 2018
Thank you for your kind comments and all I can say you are always welcomed with open arms.

Alfie
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing