“Charming house, host & town”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of Alfie's Place

Stepping out From 'Alfie's Place' & Looking Down the Street
Alfie's Place - Gilormu Cassar Steeet By Candle Light (2nd Week End of October) Alfie's Place In The Most photographed Street
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Stepping out From 'Alfie's Place' & Looking Down the Street
Alfie's Place - Gilormu Cassar Steeet By Candle Light (2nd Week End of October)
Alfie's Place In The Most photographed Street
Eat in kitchen
Main Bedroom
Main Bedroom
Your Host - Alfred Fino
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
Tina D
London, United Kingdom
“Charming house, host & town”
Reviewed February 7, 2017 for a stay in December 2016

We stayed here over the New Year for 1 week myself, husband & 18yr old daughter.
We arranged with Alfie to collect us from the airport & it was a pleasure to see his smiling face upon arrival!
On route to our destination Alfie went out of his way to show us around & point out interesting facts as well as local bus routes.
We stopped in the main square for a drink before showing us to his house.
Having walked around most of the town we can honestly say it was the best street that we could have chosen for situation & it's charm!
The house is well equipped with everything you need.
My 18 yr old daughter stayed in the 2nd bedroom which she loved, it had so much character but even more importantly is it had free wifi (which I think is a must nowadays) & it worked fine!
It even came in handy for everyone.
We loved Birgu, we got to know the locals really well & instead of going to Valletta the Capital of Malta for New Years Eve, we opted to spend it with the locals who invited us to their party outside one of the bars in the square.
We visited all the museums in Birgu plus the fort & harbour which were all in walking distance.
We loved catching the Ferry to Valletta which took under 10 minutes with the free lift that took you up to the heart of Valletta.
I could go on & on about the positives of our experience & what we done but I would sound like a travel guide.
After a wonderful week it was a delight to see our little friend Alfie again to take us back to the airport.
Alfie you are a lovely man with a heart of gold who made us feel so welcome with your little gestures like milk cheese bread etc in the fridge when we arrived & always on the end of a phone if we needed you.
You should be proud of your hospitality skills, it didn't go unnoticed!
We would 100% recommend Alfie's place!
T, P & T
❤❤❤

Date of stay: December 2016
Your age range 50-64
Feb 7, 2017
Thank you loads for such a positive review, they are always welcomed, to me having a satisfied visitor at the end of their stay is a satisfying reward.

You are a truly lovely happy family and I am not surprised the locals invited you on new Years eve.

Also a big thanks for leaving the place so clean and organised, much appreciated.

Hope I get to see you again in the future in the mean time keep well and all the best.

Anne R
“An attractive house in a picturesque street.”
Reviewed January 26, 2017 for a stay in January 2017

Birgu (Vittoriosa) is a most attractive area and Alfie's house was in a perfect location right in the centre. We were able to explore by foot and travel easily into Valletta by bus ( approx 25mins) or ferry (10 mins) The excellent bus service enabled us to travel to many of the islands attractions easily. The ruins on Gozo were amazing. Alfie's house was well equipped and he spent a long time informing us of everything we needed to know - and more! The ideal host. Thank you Alfie. We look forward to returning.

Date of stay: January 2017
Jan 26, 2017
Thank you so much for your review, much appreciated,

It was a pleasure meeting you both and will be a pleasure having you back anytime, Thank you so much for leaving the place so clean and spotless.

I am extremely happy you enjoyed your stay in Malta, sorry it was a bit too cold during your stay.

Keep well and look forward to see you in the future.

Expeditio...
“Stay here for a true Maltese holiday”
Reviewed December 18, 2016 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

Firstly my sincere apologies for the time it has taken me to get around to actually writing a review on Alfies Place in Birgu in Malta where we stayed in August - September 2016
I will say now, that you can travel the world ten times over and you will never find a more genuine, caring and honest man than Alfie.
We stayed at Alfies Place in August/September 2016, we were greeted at Malta airport arrivals by Alfie who had a beaming smile with our name on a card, he greeted us like we were family or friends already - absolutely brilliant!
Yes all the reviews that you read will tell how brilliant Alfie is, his place, the area, the guided tour from the airport, food he provides for your arrival etc. so no need for me to repeat really, but honestly if you want to go to Malta, experience the country and culture and NOT in a hotel that could be frankly any where, please seriously consider booking here. You won't be dissapointed!
From the airport you are taken on short tour of some sights before stopping off in the "square" in Birgu where he introduces you to 'D Centre' a lovely bar/restaurante where Alfie bought us all drinks, this place is brilliant for food or just a drink, we ate here and had excellent food and service from Teddy ( a great guy, as we found ALL Maltese to be), big thumbs up here.
We fell in love with Malta and its people - the finest in the world in our opinion!
Only downside for me is the HEAT!!!!! too hot for me in August and September, (My wife and kids loved the heat!!!)
If you ever need anything from Alfie he is only a phone call away, we phoned him for an extra fan and some beach towels, which he delivered promptly he also brought us some lovely biscuits!
I didn't expect it to be so hot!, it nearly wiped me out, after 5 days I was ready to come home it was THAT hot!
I almost lasted the 2 weeks but on the last day of our holiday I suffered really badly with heat exhaustion! passed out ambulance took me to hospital. My wife rang Alfie of what had happened and he went above and beyond in our opinion!
Alfie dropped everything and came straight round to take my wife and children to the hospital to be with me. Then when I was discharged for flight home Alfie took us all back to collect our luggage and then on to the airport, you wouldn't get that level of service from a big corporate travel agent! ( Alfie would not accept any extra money from me for this either!)
Alfie is what you call a real salt of the earth gentleman, not many of them left, I cannot speak highly enough of this man, his accomodation,genuine concern for his customers, his values, passion for Malta, customer service the list goes on, he is 'The Man!' .
I will return to Malta and it will be to Alfies Place in Birgu but not in the heat I experienced, it will be April or October I think, as it will suit me better!
We had never been to Malta before this trip, nor met Alfie but now the two go hand in hand, when we go to Malta we know where we are staying and look forward to seeing Alfie again.
I just hope that when we go back in the cooler months he has room to accomodate us and is not already booked up by all of the brilliant reviews that he receives and so duly deserves! Alfie carry on what you do best, you are the best and everyone whose path you cross will surely agree.

Dave and family

Date of stay: August 2016
Dec 18, 2016
What can I say, I am lost for words after reading your Review. It was an absolute pleasure having you and your beautiful family and you will be welcomed with open arms when you decide to return.

It was unfortunate the the heat effected you that badly and during your stay we had high humidity as well which is hard to cope with if not used to it, in you case, Glad you got discharged in time for your flights.

Dave assisting you and your family when hospitalized is what everyone should do in those circumstances, I am sure you would have helped anyone if the same situation occurs and you are there.

All the Best for Christmas & New year to all the the Family, and look forward to see you all in Malta sometime in the Future

Greater London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 14, 2016 for a stay in November 2016

Date of stay: November 2016
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: Solo Traveler
Families with young children
Nov 14, 2016
And what can i say...... Thank you for such a lovely write up, it was an absolute pleasure having you and a Bigger one having you back.!!!

As always it is music to my ears knowing visitors enjoyed their stay.

Have a wonderful festive season and look forward for your return :)

Coastal34...
“Alfies Place”
Reviewed October 28, 2016 for a stay in October 2016
person found this review helpful

Alfies place is in a good location in Birgu, close to the main square, few shops, bars, restaurants and near the marina, more restaurants. The property was clean and well presented. A large, lovely comfortable bed to fall into at the end of the day. The furniture, furnishings, equipment were of good quality, lovely bathroom. We missed not being able to sit outside to enjoy a cuppa or the odd glass but this didn't spoil it for us. Alfie is one of the best owners we have met, nothing was too much trouble for him and we are sure that if there had been any problem he would have done his very best to rectify it.

A good place to stay.

Date of stay: October 2016
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Oct 28, 2016
Hi Thank you so much for your kind words, was lovely having you both and really enjoyed our conversation, Glad you liked the place and felt comfortable in it. Certainly hope to see you again in the future.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 19, 2016 for a stay in October 2016

Date of stay: October 2016
Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: the area
Liked least: no comfy chairs to sit on downstairs
Traveling group: Friends
Friends getaway
Oct 19, 2016
Glad you enjoyed your stay and it was a pleasure having you both here.

Certainly hope to see you again in the future.

joleeBrad...
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Small but perfect !”
Reviewed October 8, 2016 for a stay in September 2016
person found this review helpful

I stayed at Alfies at the Alley, my daughter stayed here, at Alfie's Place. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this lovely little place ! It was totally unique, ram packed with character, and oozing history ! I absolutely loved it, as did my daughter and her partner. It was on a tiny, quiet street, but only a couple of minutes walk and you were in the main square. I would love to stay here sometime soon. It can sleep four, - one bedroom with a double bed,(which had a cute little balcony), and then a further two single beds on the next floor up. I think it would be more suited to two adults and two children, but I can confirm that four adults have stayed here and have been perfectly happy !
The bathroom is down stairs next to the kitchen, this looks like it has recently been done out and looks great.. I could not find any fault with the place, it really is very special. There are good facilities if you decide to eat in, but to be honest there are plenty of nice places to eat close at hand, so it is not necessary. If you are looking for something a little different from the usual tourist accommodation, this ticks all the boxes.

Date of stay: September 2016
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The old world charm of the place
Liked least: It was all perfect
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
Oct 8, 2016
Thank you so much ones again for your review, I could not write a better review myself.
I am glad both you and your daughter loved the place and certainly hope to see you again sometime in the near future.

You will always be welcome

Alfred Fino
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing