“Poor service”
Review of Sottovento

Sottovento
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: SOTTOVENTO Restaurant is a genuine mediteranean restaurant which provides a large range of food from anyipasti to pizza, meat and fresh meat and fresh fish every day. During public holydays,week ends or very busy days when restaurant is more than half full you may expect a delay in food delivery at your table of 45 min depanding of type of food ordered like starters and main courses, this because each plate is made fresh and there and then. Thank you for understanding. Our hard working staff will always help you and serve you with pride and efficiency.
Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

Waiting staff are rude, ignorant and have no idea how to attend to customers. Don't expect a smile or personal touch. Food is okay if you are prepared to wait. The setting is its only redeeming asset.

2  Thank Deanomalta

Reviewed April 5, 2013

In a few words below average. The vittoriosa waterfront is a magnificent place in itself and truly worth visiting. Unfortunately I cannot say the same for this restaurant. I start by saying that there was a strong stench of sewer in the air; not quite appropriate for an eatery zone. I ordered a melita pizza which is supposed to be a thin crusted pizza with buffalo cheese toppings. I was served cheap low quality ingredients, sour matured tomatoes on a hard pizza crust. I could'nt finish my plate. My wife had king prans and asked for plain boiled white rice. The prawns were watery and the rice was sticky and lumpy; more of a risotto.
Its a shame for a restaurant in such a unique setting to fail on food quality. The service at least was mediocre.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

we went to this pathetic excuse for a restaurant on tuesday to celebrate my husbands birthday.

i love the 3 cities, and on a sunny spring day saw this place on our walk to look at the yachts.

on the way back it seemed busy, so took a table.

seemed ok at first, drinks were delivered within an acceptable time frame. the trouble started when i asked for a baby chair, it was almost thrown at me, no smile from manager, it went downhill from here.

i placed an order for food, after an 1.15mins no sign, as my 5 year old was hungry i asked how long for his food. the sullen waitress said we would have to wait a long time for the food, at this point our food was not even prepped. 1.5 hours later the situation had not changed.

other tables were beginning to get annoyed, it was warm and with kids being as patient as you can expect i had enough.

i spoke to the manager indoors, no management skills, he gave no apology for the lack of notice on the lack of food, i said that if you are going to keep people waiting you need to let them know from the start there will be a wait. no response, he just kept laughing.

no professionalism, from someone who has worked in the restaurant industry for 15 years, i can say hand on heart, the worst restaurant i have been too.

such a shame, as location is amazing.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

My boyfriend and I went to this restaurant for Christmans eve. Bad move you might say, but we've been dining at restaurants every Christmas eve since we've been together and we've always had good expereicnes until this. We were seated at a table in a corner and the waiters hardly ever came near us to check if everything was going well. There were no problems with the starters, but when the main course arrived I reaised that my T-bone steak was medium rare, when I ordered it medium well. Also, my boyfriend ordered a full rack of ribs and he was served a half rack. The staff seemed to be very disorganised and very rushed, there were very few waiters for the amount of full tables (note to the management: employ more people). I don't think we'll be going there again.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

The place has a nice ambiance, friendly staff and good food. Not a huge menu but a good one with enough selection to meet most needs