“Authentic Maltese Cuisine”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe du Brazil

Cafe du Brazil
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Authentic Maltese Cuisine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

On our last night in Malta we decided to go local and try this little place in Birgu's central square. We had the rabbit and the octopus & it was exactly what we hoped to find: authentic Maltese cuisine. It was a good choice & certainly brilliant value for money. The service was EXCELLENT!!

Visited July 2014

• Czech first
Fareham, United Kingdom
“Beware drink prices”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

I went to get 2 cans of our selected drink from the fridge and the waitress said "I will bring them out to you". We were delivered 2 pint glasses of the drink which didn't reach the top of the glass which was also supplemented by 5 or 6 large ice cubes. To eat I had an average bagette, one of the standard cakes followed by a coffee. I ordered another of my selected drinks. When the bill came we were charged €2.50 for each of the 3 "pints" of our selected drink. Been to Malta many times and believed I had managed to identify and avoid the tourist traps. Alas I managed to find one. Will I Go Back? No.

• Visited July 2014
Swieqi, Malta
“'' Village Cafe ''”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

Twice I had been to this place and on both occasion I had the Imqaret with maltese ice cream... the first time, the smell of frying Imqaret and somehow characterized the place for me. Today, I had an hour to spare before meeting a friend..so I sat facing the TV instead of the square as everyone does...for the world cup ( I vs U ). This place is great for people watching or simply soak in the village lifestyle...which includes people stopping at people's table chatting about everything with their dog in tow. Service is exceptionally warm without being intrusive but obviously they know who are the Birgunians and who are not. Definitely has the best location in the square and good coffee.

• Visited June 2014
Rome, Italy
“Always a great choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

The remodeling of this place has worked. Great choices of sandwiches, beer, and pasta. It's also a wonderful square to hang out in.

Birgu is coming up in Malta and this place as well.. You can enjoy some well made food while listening to crazy and well meaning locals...

“Fantastic!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

Great service, great food!!
Reasonable prices too.. welcoming staff and managment.
Would give 10 out of 10 to this restaurant!

• Visited June 2014