“Amazing! 58 of us stayed here for our wedding and it was the best holiday ever”

Sirenis Seaview Country Club
Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We booked here as for 58 guests traveling tp ibiza for our wedding , although myself and husband love Ibiza and to party, we wanted something to suit all family and friends and we wanted something for everyone, not too far away for clubbing, nice food place beach etc, we booked in 2012. After all the bad reviews in may and June 2013 about a sickness bug we where really worried!! However the hotel was amazing! They had the bug under control. Hand sanitizer a every where in the building, pool cleaned daily etx, it was much better than we all expected. As we went the end of july we worried it would be so busy as previous reviews said it was pver crowed, this is not true at all, the hotle area and pools are that big there is plenty of room for everyone. we like to party so didnt get up early and still found free sundbeds around at mid day! ;) Pool area fab for everyone, water park was great and kept kids and us big kids entertained. Kids loved the children's entertainment and the food was really tasty and varied. Can not fault the place! Would defiantly stay here again and so would many of our family and friends. Although we planed our wedding ourselves and did not get married in the hotel, the staff could not do enough for us, running around etx on our wedding day, putting on a private area of the bar for guests to have pre drinks before going to our wedding venue. It was the best holiday ever and a wedding myself and husband will never forget ;)

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Ceri L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (748)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Wales
Reviewed September 21, 2013

My family had a fantastic time here 13th September-20th September. I traveled with my partner and 16 month daughter. I was very concerned because of the sickness bug but I didn't see any trace of this at all!!

The reception staff were extremely friendly and before departure I had requested a room on a low floor (not ground) & I had also showed my interest in the refurbished rooms which Thomas Cook has tried to charge me an extra £600 for.. so on arrival I was delighted to find that we had been allocated one of these... on closer inspection it seemed quite rushed and was badly finished.

The rooms were very clean and comfortable. We were a bit put out at the single beds pushed together but no big problem. The divide between bedroom and sitting room was also very handy so we could have a bit of a chat and a drink without disturbing our daughter. Maids were also fantastic, clean bedding everyday.

I had read the reviews regarding the food but I had just put it down to fussy eating and wasn't too concerned as I will eat pretty much anything but I have to say I did struggle at lunch and sometimes at dinner as it wasn't great but bearable.. everything tasted quite garlic-y or bland and the meat could be a bit dry but as I say you could find something. 2/3 desserts I tried were still frozen so this was a bit annoying but breakfast was quite good.

The snack bar by the pool was quite good, very quick.. not so keen on the burgers ect but they had specials which were in the all inclusive on certain days, the jacket potatoes became my staple. The ice cream was just basic chocolate, vanilla, you had to pay for brands but this never bothered us!

The drinks- got a bit sick of drinking San Miguel.. the cocktails were terrible so I didn't attempt them after the first night! On the plus side we stopped at a few places to eat on the road down to San Antonio (this is a walk able distance, although we really enjoyed the water taxi) and they did fantastic mojitos!!

Pool was great, we'd stroll down after breakfast around 10.30 and always managed to get a sunbed- glad we were out of season a bit. Water park is also a great addition and way under used!

The beach next door is lovely and we really enjoyed the sunsets there. The photographers at the hotel are also great and we had some beautiful photos done, especially the sunset pictures. No obligation to buy.

The entertainment was rubbish.. sick of the age jokes during bingo as well.. The local outsourced entertainment was good and the Mr Seaview competition was very amusing but the shows that the entertainers put on were quite bad and I noticed a lot of guests exchanging looks. There was one entertainer who took the lead and she tried very hard but just couldn't sing very well and wasn't in harmony with the other two who were also quite rubbish.. even their dancing was out of time. I feel quite bad putting this because they were nice girls just not entertainers..

Overall I can't recommend this hotel anymore and although I have put some negatives, it's just to outline improvements that could of been made but the atmosphere was great and I couldn't of hoped for a better hotel to cater to my little girl! Especially in the dining room as she is very impatient and makes a right mess with her food but the staff there were all great and as she was amung other babies she fitted in very well.

We did she couples here and both my partner and I wondered why you would come here as a couple as it is so family orientated but I guess the all inclusive and the great base for exploring this beautiful island is very appealing! Also if my daughter was older would of been concerned that there weren't enough activities and the entertainment staff struggled to get people involved as they seemed quite shy walking round the pool trying to drum up participants.

Room Tip: Habiscus House.. away from the noise but 30 sec stroll to the pool. We also weren't on the groun...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank americanrose8558
Arnold, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I've just got back today, 18th September 2013, from a week s/c with my boyfriend and two children, 1 who is 8 and 1 who is 14 months. The hotel is stunning, the staff are very helpful and always friendly. I was quite worried about all the bugs before I went but I saw nobody ill. Even though we were s/c, we paid to eat in the restaurant and wasn't disappointed. Yes the food was the same sometimes but it didn't matter. The bar staff outside and in were very nice and always busy...the pools and water park were fantastic , also helped they wasn't jam packed with people as it would of been hard to keep track of your party. The room needed a good makeover, but very very clean. The hotel has a few family lizards walking around the grounds that added character to this beautiful place. There's also a nurse from 10.30 till 6pm in the water park area which helped after been bit by ants, and she was very nice too. There is a supermarket outside and if u come out of the hotel and turn left pass the supermarket and keep walking for about ten minutes there's more pubs an gift shops.....go Moby dicks for a great breakfast ...also another couple of mins up and across the road there's a great small open pub with a funny man who serves lush beer (opposite the African lady brading hair and selling wooden items) there's also an English speaking bar women they make you feel so welcome here. Beware the sellers around this area that sell watches and sunglasses , they hound you non stop!!!! also if you turn right out of the hotel and walk down a . Path u will come to another beach , you also get the water taxi here to San Antonio , if you go here please remember this is party land so lots of cocky and loud men drinking, not that this bothered me as this place is lush but wouldn't stick around as i had children . overall I fell in love with this hotel and the people and didn't want to leave Will definitely come back next year .

Room Tip: Ask for sunflower house block, we were in 2313, you have the sea view and Pool.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank martine691
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Stayed here for awk on 10th sept all inclusive.
Arrived at hotel around 22.00hrs and were greeted by lovely reception staff Maria & Layla they checked us in quickly and gave vouchers for a snack bag due to late arrival to collect at bar,this contained a selection of sandwiches a salad box,bottled water and a banana and a chocolate.
We travelled in a large group made up of five families all our rooms were clean & tidy,dated but that will change for nxt yr, a coulple of our party wernt happy with there rooms which over looked the carpark at the front and asked to change but was advised to come bck nxt morn , they decided to leave it for the little time we spend in our rooms.Beds are very comfortable and large and studio rooms are very spacious we ended up with five in our room as my daughter wouldnt stay in nans room and we had lots of space even with our toodler sharing a bed.
(Thats something that will stop us from returning no five bedded rooms even when changing to holiday village still only rooms to sleep max four)
Rooms were cleaned every day and were spotless and the cleaners were constantly seen mopping floors etc around hotel.
The hotel has lots of anti bacterial gel machines dotted about for genral use but not everyone uses them,but a fab move on there part re sick bug (we see no sign of this bug).
We had no sign of poo in pools all very clean and washed dwn each morning plenty of sun beds however by the sat the hotel got a lot busier with people queeing to check in, we did get up to reserve sun beds (7.45am) but only as we had toodlers and wanted to be near shallow end of pool,Although always lots of beds still available at 9.30am.
No inflatables other than armbands and rubber rings aloud in pool so save your money very strict with this rule at times.
Pool bar staff work hard but were sometimes strict with only two drinks per person. Food there was good burgers not so great more like boiled burgers sometimes a little pink. Ice cream pots good for kids,but u will have to pay for brands.
Hotel drinks at bars are ok, not watered dwn but they do love a bit of ice. Cocktails sex on the beach,pina cola da and one other are free and ok lots of ice, but if u want something stronger then try a sweet dreams at @£4-£7 euros from bar inside.
Resturant plenty of food breakfast, lunch & dinner all ok lots of fish lovely fresh bread, good choice of pastries at breakfast aswell. BEST Meal of the week was Sunday eve they do a good roast beef and lambchops, yorkshire puds, gravy, veg but no roast potatoes ? Like all all inclusive holidays food becomes very repetitive after a couple of days, but theres lots of resturants near by If u want to go out.
Fire show 10pm on beach bar by ramp acess to beach a bit of a nightmare with a dodgy ramp down and up good grip shoes and u will be fine.
Hotel entertainment we had read previous reviews and they were spot on its RUBBISH they try hard and wrk hard but singers in bar were better. They started on stage with splash dance for kids around 7.30 then into bingo then nothing till 10pm when they would do there so called show then that's it, they didnt even have music playing in between. The spanish dancers (outside act )were good but only once in the wk stay.
Dizzy & Sparky appeared on our fourth day and we see them three times in total in a wk stay my youngest was disappointed with this.
Water park brilliant and very clean and quiet.
Over all its a lovely hotel which im sure will only improve with first choice.
would love to return but out of price range with no five bedded rooms would need two rooms.
If you have booked to stay here relax and enjoy.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank famileee
London
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We have recently come back from the Sirenis sea view club hotel. Travelled 2 adults and 2 children (age 3 and 5)
We had a fantastic holiday.
The staff can’t do enough for you.
Lovely clean room, we had sea view in sunflower house- the towels and sheets were changed every day.
We have lost one of our teddies in washing but it came back the next day so just make sure you move away everything from the children’s beds.

The first week was very busy and the hotel was packed- had to get up early to reserve sun beds by the pool but the second week (end of August) was much quieter.
Nice big pools and amazing water park you can just walk in and out as you like, it is open every day from 10.30-6pm. No inflatable toys allowed into main the swimming pool.You can take them in tiny children’s pool.

Entertainment- very good local acts and disco and games for children

Food- big choice but it would be great to have the a la carte restaurants on site.

Trips- take the water taxi to Calla Bassa- beautiful beach- you can ask for pack lunch which is very good.
Beach close to the hotel is fine but no showers there, lovely bar to watch the sunset.

Had lovely time but would not go back as first choice is making it very expensive and we had 3 days of rain so next year we heading to Turkey.

Room Tip: Sunflower house higher floor with sea view
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I went to Ibiza to chill out, maybe party a little, but mainly to switch off for a week in the sun. I chose the Sirenis SeaView because it was seemingly good value, close to the action, but far enough away to choose to take part (or not).

I arrived at the hotel to an hour long queue to check in, with a myriad of tired, crotchety kids in front of me - it did not bode well... The room, when I finally got there was fine. It smelled a bit of damp and sure enough, when I packed to go home, all of my clothes that were in the good sized wardrobe were a little damp and smelled musty.

The food was, on the whole, good. But steer clear of the burgers and hot dogs - they are so synthetic, I questioned whether there was any meat in them at all!

The 'beach massage' by the pool was excellent. 40Euros for 1 hour and it's seriously good massage. But they also go to other hotels, so you don't have to stay here to experience them.

This was my first time in Ibiza and I had been reliably informed by friends who have been there often, that wherever you stay, you will find people to be friendly, talkative and open to sharing a drink of an evening. I was very sadly disappointed in this respect. People would only talk to others with kids, I maybe got the odd hello from my neighbours when we saw each other in the hallway, but other than that, the other guests were not at all friendly.

The hotel pool area is lovely, albeit very crowded. i hate to think what it was like in the high season! There is a small beach a 2 minute walk from the hotel, which was lovely, with warm, clear water. Loungers cost 7 Euros per day though, and you have to buy food and drinks from the restaurants on the beach, unless you pop back to the hotel for victuals.

The 'entertainment' is dire! There is continual kids music blaring out during the day and in the evening until about 9pm - great for children, but if you want a quiet drink before dinner, expect to be serenaded by the delights of Venga Boys and Aqua accompanied by over-enthusiastic, shouty entertainment reps. My last night there was the absolute highlight though, a 'Dad's beauty contest' - it doesn't get much worse than this!
There were two good evenings though, a traditional Flamenco troop and another dance act that were very good.

All in all, I think this is a great destination if you want to keep your kids happy and you're not interested in any kind of class on your holiday. However, if you want a proper chill-out, or to meet like-minded people, then I would avoid this place like the plague.

Room Tip: I had a studio with a sea view, which was well situated.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Great Yarmouth
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We stayed in the Serenis Seaview Country Club again this year (3rd year running) and had a great time yet again. We stayed with our 9 and 5 years how had such a great time they didn't want to leave. I have read many reviews over the years and must say that I find this hotel great for families. The reception staff are very helpful, the hotel was always clean and the bar and restaurant staff were always pleased. The food is pretty ordinary eg rice, pasta and chips etc but there was always something nice to eat even for a fussy 5 year old.

We stayed in an apartment with a seaview which had a large balcony which was absolutely lovely. The rooms are a little dated but very comfortable and as you are not in them that often very adequate. The pool and its surroundings were always clean and always cleaned and washed down each night. The outside snack bar was great too especially the Spanish omelette, the staff in there were so happy and pleasant. The evening entertainment was ok but we tended to have a walk about and come back and have a drink or two so it didn't really bother us.

The children absolutely loved the waterpark as you could go in and out as much as you liked which is great for a change of scenery.

This is by far the best hotel we have stayed at hence the third time of returning. I would absolutely recommend this hotel 10/10.

Room Tip: An apartment is the bext room as they are located on the top floors with great views and large balco...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Occidental Ibiza
Occidental Ibiza
#2 of 14 in Sant Josep de Sa Talaia
Marina Palace by Intercorp Hotel Group
Marina Palace by Intercorp Hotel...
#2 of 5 in Port d'es Torrent
#1 of 33 in Playa d'en Bossa
Invisa Hotel Club Cala Verde
Invisa Hotel Club Cala Verde
#10 of 56 in Santa Eulalia del Rio

Been to Sirenis Seaview Country Club? Share your experiences!