“Waterpark opening this weekend” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sirenis Seaview Country Club

Sirenis Seaview Country Club
ireland
“Waterpark opening this weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2012

Hi everyone. heading to this resort in a couple of weeks and was worried incase waterpark was not open, so emailed the hotel and they said its opens this weekend! :) just to let every1 know

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
44 Thank yummymummy1985

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (719)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2012

Stayed here last year for a week in Sept with husband and 17yr daughter. The choice of food was excellent, all appeared to be freshly made. Entertainment catered for all ages, lunchtime quiz and water aerobics in the afternoon were our favourites. We took waterbus to san antionio 1 night and the bus another night. Lovely beach just a stones throw away.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
19 Thank mackeroo
london
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2012

its full of chavs which were very rude and aggresive my husband got shouted at after telling them all to calm down and be quiet the food was rank and i had to fight every day for a sunbed discracefull there was also pubic hair lying around in the shower

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
8 Thank patrick o
Yeovil, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

I stayed at the Sirenis Seaview Country Club Hotel last July 2011 - the first week of the summer holidays. I went with my sister and her son (aged 9) and I have to say, I wasn't looking forward to it! I have never gone all inclusive within Europe or stayed at a resort where I knew there were going to be lots of children!! I am a 40 year old single female and am used to more calm, quiet relaxing holidays, but went with my sister for company.

For a very large hotel, I felt it was managed very well. It felt safe and well run and there was plenty of things to entertain the children.

The pool area was nice, with two big pools but I have to agree, it was a bit of a nightmare in respect of finding a sunbed and I have to admit (after two days of not getting a sunbed) being one of those people who got up at 5am (along with everyone else) to put towels on sunbeds - something I have NEVER done before and don't wish to do again! I hated doing this, but if you wanted one, it was the only way to get one. Having said that, we would be down by the pool by 9am, made full use of the beds all day and left at 5pm. Other days we went to the beach, which was a stones throw away, and was very nice and safe for the children.

There are plenty of chairs and tables to sit at in the day right by the pool, but again at night, you have to get in there quite early if you want to sit and watch the entertainment. I was dreading the in-house entertainment as again this is something that I don't usually do, but I have to say, it was good for the children AND the adults and every night it was different. (We only stayed a week).

Food and drink served at the pool bar was fine. There was normally quite a queue, but it soon went down. The only free icecream you get is in a tub and if you want a proper lolly or pringles etc, you have to pay for them. Pool tables were 2 euros a go.

We always managed to get a table in the restaurant and the food was second to none, I was very impressed for such a large hotel. Although it did feel a little like a cattle market at times, you could make it what you wanted. The quality and choice of food was excellent, (for this type of place).

Our room overlooked the sea, which was lovely as you didn't get the entertainment noise from the pool area (which always finished at 12am). It was simply decorated, but it was clean and can't really fault it. Maid service was good.

We went on two arranged trips - A boat trip which was really enjoyable and the aqua park - something I didn't think I would enjoy, but I think I enjoyed it more than the kids! If you gave the restaurant notice, they would make you up a packed lunch for your day trip - nothing fancy, but it was ok.

We met some lovely people and I would say the hotel was at full capacity, and there was no trouble and everything seemed to run smoothly.

Even though this isn't my type of holiday, I know my nephew had a wonderful time and I would definitely go back there again with my nephew. This is certainly a place to go if you have children, but it is not somewhere I would go for a relaxing break!

Room Tip: Rooms with a seaview are quieter
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
16 Thank Cherub71
Coventry
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2012

I went to the Seaview last year, we have been there many times, in fact, I think it was my third time returning, and although I can admit the décor could do with an upgrade, the hotel was still as lovely as I remembered it. The pool being a good size meant that it was busy everyday, however this lead to 'sunbed reserving' which often did a cause a heated debate or two amongst holiday goers. Despite this, my family and I enjoyed our holiday thoroughly. Our room was lovely, and we were lucky enough to get a room that looked onto the small beach behind the hotel. The maid service was wonderful and rooms were cleaned daily along with fresh sheets and fresh towels. The staff were lovely and always willing to help. The food was plentiful and what you'd expect for a 4 star hotel. My family and I are returning again in the summer of this year and this time my daughter is bringing her friend, we can only but hope that this years holiday is as good as the past experiences!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
16 Thank Lydia B
cheshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2012

we went as a group with kids & having been to all inclusive hotels allon many holidays, this was a joke. We visited in may 2011, near to the school holiday. There was no sunbeds, all taken, packed like sardines around the pool, no room to even walk through them!!!! no seats in the dining room... i nearly had breakfast sat on the floor a few times & the queue for a drink was horrible...maybe 12 people on average with 1 bar staff. took ages to get served a very small drink. Entertainment was rubbish. please go somewhere else if you want a nice holiday. Will say the food was nice if you could find anywhere to sit. The owners are greedy packing in the toursts. Far too many.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
10 Thank sunlovercheshire
Wakefield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2012

Booked the Sirenis as a last minute getaway, not expecting much except for a bit of Sunshine! The bus stop is by the front of the hotel, with San Antonio a cheap and short bus trip away and there are a few shops across from the entrance - selling the usual - sandals, suncream and water supplies (handy if you were self catering like us).
The real plus point for us was the beach - small but absolutely gorgeous, and a perfect setting for catching the sun setting. It also felt really safe so even as two females we weren't afraid of sitting out with a glass of wine on a night! We thought the beer at the hotel was a bit expensive so only spent one night drinking there, the rest were spent at the restuarant across the beach which was only a couple of minutes walk away and kept us topped up in sangria and seafood for the week. Overall, I couldn't fault the hotel; its in a lovely location, the pool was great and there were plenty of sunbeds whenever we were around.

If you are on self catering and want to stock up on some basics, walk up the main road for about 10-15 minutes. The shops there can provide you with your groceries and unbelievably cheap beer: )

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
24 Thank KimFowler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port d'es Torrent
Marina Palace by Intercorp Hotel Group
Marina Palace by Intercorp Hotel...
#2 of 6 in Port d'es Torrent
Tropic Garden Aparthotel
Tropic Garden Aparthotel
#17 of 55 in Santa Eulalia del Rio
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,620 reviews

Been to Sirenis Seaview Country Club? Share your experiences!