Accommodation at Punta Placer consists of 4 round buildings, each with a modern cabana (spacious bedroom with shower-room) on the ground and first floor. It's located in the small fishing village of St Agustinillo, on the pale sandy beach of the unspoilt West coast. It's an hour by taxi (350-500 pesos) from Huatulco (nearest airport) and is a peaceful retreat (no moblie phone signal!) right beside the rolling waves of the Pacific Ocean. This is essentially a place to relax, lie in a hammock under the coconut palms, read, walk on the deserted beach, eat and drink, but beware of the very strong sun - we used factor 30 all the time. The cabanas are well designed and stylish, and the only drawback is the mosquito population which can carry Dengue Fever. We covered ourselves in insect repellent, particularly in the evenings, but still had a few bites on our legs. The design fault in our cabana was only having wall switches for the lights; so one of us had to turn off the light and then get into the mosquito net in the dark, trying to make sure it was completely tucked in under the mattress, from inside the net! We were there just at the end of the dry season and the fishermen told us that once the rains come (June to August) the mosquito problem is much much worse. Breakfasts, which are charged separately, were excellent, with a wide choice of dishes. Light meals are served through the day, but as the French owners were away, food was not available in the evenings, which was disappointing. Overall, the location is almost beach-holiday paradise, and the hotel staff are friendly and helpful - particularly the French Tourism student who was on a 6-month placement at the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Punta Placer is an intimate beachside complex, featuring 9 eco-luxe rooms divided into 4 bungalows, set on the beautiful sandy stretch of San Agustinillo beach, Oaxaca. Enjoy getting back to nature at our little fishing village hideaway, where you can relax under traditional palm roofs, surrounded by tropical wooden furniture, coconut trees and uninterrupted ocean views. Our laidback ambiance - complete with delicious Mexican home-cooking - makes escaping from the demands of modern life here easy. Pull up a deckchair, grab a margharita and settle in for some unbeatable sunset views! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Punta Placer Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Punta Placer Bungalows Hotel San Agustinillo
- Punta Placer Hotel
- Punta Placer Bungalows San Agustinillo, Mexico - Oaxaca