“11 days in tropical paradise”

Patrick's on the Beach
Ranked #14 of 43 Siargao Island B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 22, 2013

My son Braden, 21, and I spent 11 days at partick's on the Beach during the Christmas Break. In spite of being in the rainy season and even going through a couple of big storms, we had a great time. My son took advantage of the surf guides and went surfing every day for a week. Patrick's provides a water sports' package that allowed the two of us to enjoy as much of all the water sports: surfing (does not include the guide), kayaking, snorkeling and a variety of different types of boats as we wanted- all for about $150 a week for both of us. they also arranged for us to rent motor bikes and gave us info about other travel ideas around Surigao Island. The beach cabins are nice and we enjoyed the sports cable with all day basketball and a good selection of movies available on the TV. The water is perfect - clear and warm. The resort arranged a boat to take us out to the island (Dako?) that we see just about a mile off shore where we found the most fantastic waves we ever swam in. On the point of the island we found the waves crashing over us from both sides. The food at Patrick's is delicious and very varied. Prices are very low by western standards. Not much to see in the towns, but if you like water, quiet and tropical adventure you will love this. The whole staff is kind and helpful and the owner takes time to talk to everyone.

Room Tip: We enjoyed cabin #1 right on the beach and by the kitchens. The Tree house is popular with couples.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank RonDeWittinChina

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I am a surfer from the U.S. who had dreamed of surfing in the Philippines. After I married a wonderful Filipina I finally had my chance at Patricks on the beach. My name is Chris and I brought my wife and daughter plus 3 in-laws. Andreas, the owner, took care of our every needs. I could not believe how beautiful and peaceful his place was. The food was excellent and very reasonable priced. What ever you need to rent, Andreas has it. I checked out all the other resorts in Gen. Luna and I know that Patricks is the the best one there. The surf is pretty far away but he has boats to take you to the surf areas. You can even walk, then swim to some breaks but they are pretty far but not out of reach.
Cloud 9 is about 3 kilometers away but they can get you there no problem. The beach at Patricks is real nice The Cloud 9 resorts are mostly rock beaches with no sand. My family and I will definitely go back on our next trip. Luckily we chose to stay at Patricks on the beach first. That was the best time I, my family and my in-laws have ever had. My in-laws were never bored and I had the chance to bring my Father-in-law surfing for the first time. He loves surfing and has started at the age of 58. Andreas, his family and staff are wonderful. If you go there you will have the time of your life!

Room Tip: All the cottages are great to stay in. The Tree house is really cool!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We did not stay there, but wanted to organise a deep sea fishing trip for my brother, who's a professional in that matter. I called Mr Patrick and agreed that the trip includes a professional speedboat. It turned out it was actually a bangka-like boat with some small modifications (he called it catamaran) and the trip did not seem to be professional at all. There was no depth sounder/ fish finder. Mr Patrick didn't want to listen to our complaint, was very rude and we had a problem to get our change back. I would never ever recomend to go with him on this kind of trip.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank anulafilipiny
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I have stay here after our flight cancel , but the owner of the place Mr Patrick really kind and also his wife Elizebeth really nice lady always sharing with us about this area.The room very nice and clean only the food at the restaurant not really shown as what you expected.

Room Tip: When we arrive here it's still on low season , to ensure you get the room please email them for...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hisham U
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is very close to Gen Luna (GL) or the town proper, where there is a "port" where most island hopping tours takes off. However, the resort is a 15min motorbike away from Cloud 9. So if you're in it for surfing, take note of the commute. (The commute is very much worth it.)

The rooms were clean and adequate, with warm showers as well. There is wifi in the reception and dining area. Food was pretty good--filling. Most of the staff were friendly and helpful. IMHO, their services were a bit on the pricey side for a budget traveler like me. The resort also offers board and kayak rentals.. I saw where the owner stores his stuff, and he has A LOT. I imagine most of them would be used up during peak season. The beach beside patrick's does get swallowed up during high tide.. but pretty with fine sand during low tide.

I would like to commend them on their very thorough and informative website..it is one of the best resort websites I have seen. Basically everything you need to know about Siargao and the how to's are there.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Wow. This is a great and very nice :) resort on the beach.
I was there with my friends and we had a wonderful time.
The Patric´s resort is really beautiful! Andreas is an interesting man, he has experience of the Caribbean. He saved us :) In this time didn´t work cash machine in Dapa, and there was only place on the island, where was possible withdraw money/cash.
Cottages and restaurants are right on the beach, you could eat delicios food under the palm and looking directly into the sea.
The staff is friendly nice Filipino people :)
Thank you!!!
Salamat :)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 23, 2012

If you want to go to beach, there is no beach. At high tide sea is up to stonewalls, and during tide there is only dirty bottom of sea to sea. In some brocure they are speaking of natural swimming pools. Yes, there are at tide time small pools at sea bottom. :O)
Cottages and staff ok