“Be aware of the greedy owner”

Patrick's on the Beach
Ranked #8 of 41 Siargao Island B&B and Inns
Beijing
“Be aware of the greedy owner”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

I didn't sleep at Patrick, I was at Romantic Beach Villa nearby that I would highly recommend. We just got involved in an island trip with Patrick's. I went there to change money and I met the owner, Andreas.
It was at the end of our holiday and I told to Andreas that we didn't have the chance to see the Island, since we have a 6 months old girl and a 3 years boy, too complicated. He offered us a trip in a beautiful part of the island where he has a property, I asked him if it was an appropriate trip for a baby and he told me that it was fine, even his baby (18 months) used to go there.
He told us that this trip was already organized for a guest who was going to pay 3000 Pesos, and that we could join them and share expenses with this guy.
I was happy to see the other part of the island and I was ready to enjoy the morning out, Andreas told us that we will go from 9 am to 2 pm, it was fine for me I could still enjoy my afternoon in the Romantic.
The next morning we left Patrick's at 10ish with the other "guest", Andreas told us that the road was not in great condition but we didn't expect so in bad condition: it was rocky and in a severe bad condition, the Van was bumping all the time and it was a rusty- old Van with a broken window fixed with plastic paper. The A/C was not working so we left the Van's door open to have some fresh air, my husband was keeping the door open with his hands during the all trip otherwise kids were too hot. Dusty and heat were coming in and I was keeping the baby strong in my arms for all time to avoid that she will fall down. Finally we arrived at his property, nice long beach but nothing so amazing to justify the bad road. Speaking with the other "guest", the one who the tour was organized for, I discovered that he was a long-time friend of Andreas and that they were going to his property to check it and to evaluate the possibility to build an house together there. It was not a touristic trip for a guest, it was just a trip for two friends to check the location for their house together.
I was so mad with Andreas, he found a chicken to cover his own trip's expenses and to make even profit! It would be fine if my baby girl won't be there but come on how can you bring a baby with the road in such condition?? On the way back we passed through a nice lagoon beach but he didn't show to us, he just told us that it was nothing special in the afternoon with no low tide. So we spent 5 hours jumping in this rusty old van with dusty all over just to stay one hour in a beach, nice yes but not worthy at all.
I paid my bill because off course it was also my fault, but Andreas didn't explain properly the trip, it came out that it was long time since he was there, so why you involved a family in such a nightmare trip? I spent the same amount of money to go with Roman, the owner of Romantic, to visit three islands on a super speed boat and enjoying a nice fish barbecue in the beach at night, all inclusive!
Be aware of this guy, he's looking for money all the way around.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank cinakikka

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

We loved this place ! Super friendly management and staff. Incredible tree house right on the water overlooking the islands. We didn't look at other rooms as we took the tree house as soon as we saw it :) The food is great too. Try the chicken and banana curry with rice. S

• Stayed July 2012
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

I spent 5 nights at Patrick's on the Beach in hut 16 and I adored the relaxed feeling that this resort had to offer. All the accommodations and the tables are organised in the shade of an half jungle like environment and you can easily read or work on your laptop (free Wi-Fi available) in the garden while looking at the sea and the opposite islands.
My hut was spacious, rustic and clean.
Andreas and Ryan made me feel very at ease and the rest of the staff was also courteous and friendly. I rented their Kayaks more than ones as well as their motorbikes.
The food is enjoyable, but a bit hit and miss at times.
Recommended.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2012

An amazing welcome, the celebration of my wife's 30th Birthday was a truly great way to arrive in Siargao, and all the work put in by the Patricks staff made it a very special experience. The tree house provided great views out accross the sea, was comfortable and well maintained. The food was an excellent mixture of Asian/global cuisine with a unique German twist from the owner. The boat trips to other islands were increadible. The surf trips...epic, and great local knowledge from the guys. On the whole unbeatable service, I'll definately be going back to Patrick's for more.

Room Tip: Tree house is the best
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Tweed Heads
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2012

A relaxed feel straight away on arrival.Cater for all ages,surfers and tourists,always something to do,well organised with tours,pick up and drop off,very helpful and friendly owner and staff.food was fantastic ,great surf and numerious breaks available,local knowledge from Ryan made the holiday one to remember.I will take the wife next time as she can walk easily to town and shop,while I surf. James K

Room Tip: room near the WIFI transponder save using restaurant
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank James K
Ventura, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2012

loved the treehouse where we stayed; great food and great customer service!

Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank Michymich13
Marikina, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2011

It was a pleasant experience staying at Patrick's on the beach and the cottages are spacious. The receptionists and attendants were ok and food was good (with a lot of choices -- international and local). Wifi was FREE and was online most of the time =) Location is perfect as Guyam, Naked and Daku are just 15minutes away by outrigger boat

In front of the resort, there is a very nice barbecue place -- simply the best in town and cheap as well

Room Tip: All rooms are air-conditioned and spacious but toilets are fairly decent
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends