“Top notch year after year!”

and 1 more site!
The Boardwalk at Cloud 9
Ranked #16 of 41 Siargao Island B&B and Inns
Edmonton
“Top notch year after year!”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I've been coming to Cloud 9 at least once a year for the last 6 years. At first, as a backpacker in search of good value, and these days, as a more discerning traveler who still loves to have a good time. Andrew and Rhoda and their staff have always taken great care of me and my friends. From the days when we lived in the staff quarters because that's all we could budget, to now, when we can stay in a stellar room overlooking the break. I love the food, and there's always something on the go, my favourite is open Mic night on sundays when I get a chance to play guitar for a few beers (still a backpacker at heart). Don't ever change!

Room Tip: Top floor rooms with a view of the break are super. The lower fan rooms are great if you're on a...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Salvador, BA
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed for 2 months at the boardwalk. Andrew and Rhoda are really nice hosts and all the staff was very helpful and friendly. The location could not be better. We had a clear view of the surf spot from our balcony. The room that we stayed was very comfortable and clean. Can´t wait to be back at the Boardwalk at Cloud 9.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Toyberto
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I had planned a stay of only a few days at the Boardwalk, but ended up staying for around one month, across May/ June 2013. The rooms are good value and the location is prime for surf and just cruising around the reefs and beaches. Neighbouring restuarants and bars are nice and close. The hosts, Andrew and Rhoda, as well as the awesome staff, made my stay all too easy, with a fun and chilled vibe.I only have positive things to say about my experience here and will be returning for another stay, hopefully some time soon.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Cebu City, Philippines
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I feel the Boardwalk is the best place to stay due to the great service, friendly environment and great view of the surf all day. Also, the owner(s) are very helpful in helping you find what ever you need to make your stay welcome and fun. They can charter boats for you, rent equipment and the fun never stops. Last but not least, they have a great menu!!! I hope you find your stay as great as mine always is.

Room Tip: All rooms are great if you want economy you can ask for a fan room with no a/c but still very comfor...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Perth, Australia
Reviewed July 12, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here last year. It was great, all the staff were very fun and welcoming. They were able to facilitate excellent entertainment and tours so there was never a dull moment.

The boardwalk is the place to stay with the view over the best waves right out the front. Great for singles, couples and families alike.

Room Tip: Upstairs out the front has the best view of cloud 9
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Boardwalk_Resort, Owner at The Boardwalk at Cloud 9, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Hi Jeremy, It was a pleasure having you guys stay with us. I'm glad you enjoyed yourselves. See you next time
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Hey! My name's Chris. I travel the world for the UN and for Nat Geo....and this is one of the best places I have ever stayed. The staff....well I wouldn't cal them staff....I would call them FAMILY...are incredibly kind. Rooms are gorgeous and incredibly well kept. Air Conditioners work like a charm. Rates are super affordable. Most importantly, Andrew and his wife (the owners) take you under their wing to make sure your trip is smooth and without funny business.

PS- If you're a surfer this is literally the best view of the ocean. You can see the breakers without getting out of bed. It's the connection point for all surfers when they leave the beach. Don't look any further.

Enjoy Cloud 9!

Room Tip: Best Surfing View on Island
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Hi Chris,
Thanks for the review. I hope you can make it back to the island again one day. In the meantime I will keep an eye out on the TV for you.
Cebu City, Philippines
Reviewed April 29, 2013

My friends and I had our 3-day vacation in Siargao last April 26-28. We chose to stay in two different places during the two nights we were there because we felt like this would give us a better "feel" of what Siargao was like.
CONS:
- We stayed in The Boardwalk during our first night. We had originally booked a superior beachfront room about a month prior which was confirmed by Andrew (the owner) via email, but when we arrived at the resort, Rhoda (also the owner) told us she didn't have our reservation listed. This was a big bummer. We expected better and more reliable service from this place. Good thing though that they still had a non-beachfront room available, which still was okay for us.
- Correspondence via e-mail could improve. Andrew would stop replying to my e-mails sometimes and I'd have to e-mail him or Rhoda back to follow-up.
- The pipes surrounding the room would make odd sounds every now and then. This was okay unless you're a very light sleeper.
- There was also a power outage at midnight, and since it didn't come back on until an hour after, I presume they didn't have a generator. So the room got quite hot during that time. The outage wasn't the inn's fault though. Just a bit of bad luck for us I guess.
- All means of transportation around the island are expensive (at least for us Filipinos on a budget). The tricycle ride from the airport to General Luna was PHP 600. Short trips (less than 5 min) cost us PHP 25 each.
- Bring insect repellant. I got a million mosquito bites.
- Dogs and cats abound. Even inside the restaurant. They are right at your feet while you are eating. I didn't mind this but some people might.
PROS:
+ We were refunded the price difference of our room and Rhoda made up for the oversight by letting us use their surfboards for free (instead of renting them for PHP 200 each). So that was good!
+ The room we had was basic but clean and well-maintained.
+ Service was pretty good!
+ Complimentary breakfast consisted of a buffet of scrambled eggs, breaded (i think) fish, skinless chorizo, fresh fruits, cornflakes with fresh milk, bread with butter and jam, rice and orange juice. Yum!
+ Local surfing instructors were good overall (costs PHP 300 per hour).
+ Unbeatable location. The boardwalk is literally just a few steps away!
+ Very homey.
+ Good value for money.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank mkvacenas
Boardwalk_Resort, Owner at The Boardwalk at Cloud 9, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Hey, thanks for leaving a review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay here at Siargao and I hope you come back again one day.