“Fantastic Easter Week”
Review of Sagana Resort

Sagana Resort
Ranked #6 of 41 Siargao Island B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We stayed there with our 5 years old daughter over easter with some friends and there kids.
The owners, Susan and Gerry, are fantastic, always there to help you, give you tips and arrange for outside activities.
The food is really good, especially in the Philippines where it could sometimes be a challenge to find decend food.
The rooms are spacious and clean.
it was a very relaxing week especially after a long flight from Europe.
Tk you so much

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank anne b

Reviewed April 6, 2013

My friend and I really enjoyed our stay at Sagana Beach Resort! I spent a lot of time checking reviews of the various resorts on Siargao Island, and I'm convinced that I made the right choice. What helped sell me on this place was the immediate responsiveness that Susan provided on e-mail questions when I inquired about their accommodations. That told me something from the beginning. At first, I was not real keen on having the meals included in the on the price. However, that turned out to be one of the best features of staying at Sagana, because we did not have to worry about where to eat. And I'm not sure whether there were a lot of choices anyway.

Gerry and Susan were as accommodating and friendly as the reviews that I had read. We were also very impressed with the friendliness of their staff. The kitchen staff did an excellent job of preparing the food – and the food was excellent, even on our day trips when they would pack our lunches for us!

Our accommodations were very comfortable. We stayed in an open air cottage and as you might expect, bugs can be an issue. I would certainly stay in the open air cottage again, because I like the fresh air. But a word of advice - make sure you keep your mosquito net for the bed well tucked, because the mosquitos will join you if you don't! Also, it's a good idea to keep your suit cases and bags zipped up when you're not getting into them, so you don't end up taking some unwanted guests along home!

We felt very welcome here during our stay and certainly would go back! Thanks to the folks at Sagana for making our visit to Siargao Island an enjoyable experience!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SBatbigoak
susifishgirl, Owner at Sagana Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Hey Steve,
Cheers for the review. Yes Sue and I also only use Mosquito net and fan (don't really like A/C), but being in the tropics you will get bugs, good advice to be vigilent with the net. We are actually going to change cottage 1 this year and have it so it can be either open or kinda sealed with A/C (as the other cottages are). Take it easy and see you next time.

Susan and Gerry

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I stayed there with my boyfriend for 4 days for Easter.
I didn't really know what to expect since i booked last minute and usually i am not keen on all inclusive formula, but since i knew that in Siargao you don't really have restaurants around, i thought "why not, let's give it a try".
It was just amazing.
What a nice surprise when we arrive, Gerry and Susan welcome us, show us around, makes us feel really comfortable, they make sure you feel like at home, introduce you to the other guests to create a more friendly atmsphere.
They have 6 cottages, all very nice, clean and in very good condition, this is much better in reality that on the pictures.
The food is really really good. Even if you decide not to stay there you should go for dinner!
They have a great cook, change the menu everyday, adapt to your needs. They are very flexible and you will not be disppointed.
It's great for couple, families with kids even young kids, and group of friends. There's no doubt that you have to stay in Sagan if you go to Siargao.
They also help to organize some activities and price won't be more expensive than elsewhere... They make sure you get a good deal and good boat driver.
Location is right in front of cloud 9 so surfers can't be closer !
Staff is great, owners are awesome, really this is the best place to stay in Siargao...
Great Value for Money
I have nothing to complain about and will go again

Room Tip: All cottage are great
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Myanh H
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We heard about Sagana from lonely planet, and since it was the top choice, we decided to give it a try. The booking process was fairly easy, Gerry & Susan (owners) were very easy to work with. They will give you the choice if you want to include the transfers to & from the airport/port in your package. Ours were included, and the trips were very comfortable. My girlfriend had a cold the 1st night and as soon Susan knew about it she asked her staff to make her a hot calamansi ginger drink to make her feel better. They were very hands on taking care of their customers. Food wise. Superb menu! You will be given a starter appetizer followed by main course and dessert. Great scenery in the morning! Marvelous sunset by night..Fantastic service frim the staff we'll defintely go back again! The best place to surf.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank wesguia
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Stayed at the start of october. Everyone at sagana was friendly and very hospitable. Its in prime location and the food was amazing. The cottages were more than comfortable and all activities were very easy to organise. Definately worth every penny and will definately stay again!

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Francest88
Reviewed September 8, 2012

After a number of visits to Siargao Island over the years I would find it hard to stay anywhere else but Sagana. From the moment you are met at the airport until you wave goodbye it's an escape that will stay with you forever, switch off relax and enjoy the amazing views and hospitality that always come with a free smile.
With words of wisdom from Gerry on surfing, golf or fishing or amazing travel stories from Sue you always feel at home.
As someone who travels extensively I find my time at Sagana more like being around friends than being a holiday.
Its more than just a surf destination, it's a way of life!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank roker73
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Sagana is one of the original nicer resorts in Siargao, way before the other equally beautiful resorts popped up (Pansukian might be the first, but that's a different price league). Despite being one of the older resorts, it is well maintained and still looks similar to what it was when I last saw it 8 years ago. It's advantage is it is right by Cloud 9/Quiksilver and you get a view of the break from the resort. You can leave everything in your room and step out just like that, no need to worry about where to leave things. There's an outdoor shower and pool area behind the bar/resto apres surf. Lay in hammocks, play pool, drink beer, eat yummy food, go sightseeing. You can get it all in Sagana. Website is pretty much spot on. Consider staying here if you want quick access to surf and great amenities.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends