My wife and I are residents in Kenya and went to stay here for a few nights.
From looking at the website it looked an idyllic place with a beautiful pool and 'luxury' tents.
The pool is beautiful and the surroundings are very peaceful. In a lot of ways the perfect place to lie by the pool and sun bathe. The food was good, but not outstanding.
The tent my wife and I stayed in was in no way luxurious. There were some holes in the tent and huge spiders kept appearing. The shower was cold (this isn't a major problem as it is so hot here). The pillows were very lumpy. The staff do a nice touch in the morning by bringing a drink of your choice down to your tent.
If this place had have cost my wife and I the equivalent of 60 dollars a night it would be value for money. But for about 170 dollars a night, this place is extremely overpriced, and you are not getting value for money.
A major upgrade is needed to justify these prices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Island Camp Resort is a luxury resort on an island overlooking Lake Baringo and both sides of the escarpment of the Great Rift Valley. All rooms have lake views. Activities include guided boat drives, bird walks, a visit to Giraffe Island to walk with the giraffes and ostriches. A perfect place to relax by pool with adjacent bar and views of the lake. Conference facilities available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Island Camp Baringo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Island Camp Baringo Hotel Baringo District
- Island Camp Baringo Kenya